CAN NOT GET FAST ENOUGH!

Bajantechnician

I have a gt 620, and its clock speed is 810~ish.... cant overclock to at least 900 without it going to 90~ish c degrees. its fanless, and is there anyway i can mod it without replacing the cooler or something? Thx guys

I have a gt 620, and its clock speed is 810~ish.... cant overclock to at least 900 without it going to 90~ish c degrees. its fanless, and is there anyway i can mod it without replacing the cooler or something? Thx guys

Just by a GPU made for running games.

What would you even do to mod it? Buy a new GPU man :|

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

How to make it faster:

Throw it off of the top floor of a building

JK

Probably not

System: Thinkpad T460

Yup. Spend about 100-150 and get a 750ti.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

[if applicable to your model]you could try and replace the Thermal Paste, but don't expect more than a couple degrees.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

You could always try moving some case fans around so that one of them is blowing directly at the card.

That being said, if you're looking for gaming performance, a GT 620 isn't going to get you far regardless of its clockspeed. Picking up a used R9-270 or something like that is going to hugely increase gaming performance and won't be very expensive at all.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

[if applicable to your model]you could try and replace the Thermal Paste, but don't expect more than a couple degrees.

dont have paste

Just put some fans on the heatsink, what model is it?

um i dont know.. its a asus one, there isnt anywhere i can physically add a fan unless i mod it

Yup. Spend about 100-150 and get a 750ti.

came with the pc

I've found your problem...

^

How to make it faster:

Throw it off of the top floor of a building

JK

Probably not

done

what do i now?

lel

What would you even do to mod it? Buy a new GPU man :|

no monez man

^

a fanless gpu is a bad idea already, overclocking it is even worse. 

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Zip ties/ String and one or 2 90MM fans will cool it like a boss

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

You could always try moving some case fans around so that one of them is blowing directly at the card.

That being said, if you're looking for gaming performance, a GT 620 isn't going to get you far regardless of its clockspeed. Picking up a used R9-270 or something like that is going to hugely increase gaming performance and won't be very expensive at all.

theres 2 fans in the pc when my dad bought it. one for the cpu, and one in the back blowing out. i added one to the front of the inside of the case using rubber bands.... yes. rubber bands. am i kuel or what? :) theres literally no more space i can put fans in.

Keep in mind that not alot of people have the money to just go buy a new Gpu

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

This is the only thing I can think of, you could make the fans go higher so it would overclock a bit higher.

for mine, there isnot space for fans. and ive seen that video before, he uses foam or something. its exactly this, but with a blak pcb http://i.imgur.com/PpwMI.jpg

my parents are willing to give me the money 2 build a new pc if i get all bs in all subjects

my parents are willing to give me the money 2 build a new pc if i get all bs in all subjects

read bs as bull**** lolz

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I know, i personally do not own a PC, there are versions of that GPU with a fan, and the price difference must not be that much, he should've bought one with a fan. :D

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

I know, i personally do not own a PC, there are versions of that GPU with a fan, and the price difference must not be that much, he should've bought one with a fan. :D

it came with the pc

get studying then, Bs sound doable.

You shouldn't realy overclock that card that much, you would be better off making do with what it can do at a safe temp otherwise it could result in burning out your GPU.