Building new PC for cs:go

huesimon

Hey, i have been thinking about building a new pc, since my old pc is not really getting acceptable fps anymore.

Here is a list of the parts i have found ----> if you have any recommendations you are welcome to post :P

eVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW Signature2

i5-3570K

HyperX Predator Beast 8gb

P8Z77-M PRO

120GB HyperX 3K

SST-SG09B

And i have an 900w psu from my old pc, im looking to get around 300fps at 1024x768 (might change my res to 1280x720)

sorry for spelling errors and stuff

I'm assuming a monitor of that resolution is limited to displaying 60FPS. Why the need for 300FPS?

i would like to play at a "semi competitive" level and i got a benq xl2420t

and some say that the recoil is more stable at 200+fps (not sure if its true)

Well that's a new one...

No. There will be no difference above 120FPS for that monitor (or your gameplay).

Which set of RAM are you planning on getting, specifically? There's a pretty wide breadth of Predator Beast RAM. I also notice there's no CPU cooler listed?

I have a 670 and I mainly play CS GO <3

(and 1.6)

In games like Counter Strike that are naturally very competitive every little edge counts. Even if you have a 60 or 120hz monitor that isn't actually displaying 300 FPS, there is definitely something to be said for the overall smooth experience. With that many frames "overhead" you can rest assured that you will not dip in FPS and potentially miss a critical shot in the heat of the moment. The configuration looks pretty good to me, you didn't mention a budget so I would assume you don't really have one, but that PC will play any Counter Strike game at very high FPS as well as many other modern games if you decided to branch out.

for just cs:go a gtx 670 sounds like an overkill.

A 660 ti would be a way better value (80 to 100 bucks cheaper) and the difference in performance isn't that much. Also you can save a little on the memory too, something like a vengeance 8gb kit 1600mhz would be a good choice

In games like Counter Strike that are naturally very competitive every little edge counts. Even if you have a 60 or 120hz monitor that isn't actually displaying 300 FPS, there is definitely something to be said for the overall smooth experience. With that many frames "overhead" you can rest assured that you will not dip in FPS and potentially miss a critical shot in the heat of the moment. The configuration looks pretty good to me, you didn't mention a budget so I would assume you don't really have one, but that PC will play any Counter Strike game at very high FPS as well as many other modern games if you decided to branch out.
300 FPS isn't overhead...It's another head.

Why the choice for the 670? If it's only for CS:GO then that is a bit too much. Ofc, it does give options for other games.

La`~