water cooling or heatsink?

Hello, im just wondering which is a better cooling component for the cpu

i recently bought an enermax liqtech 120s all in one cooler with only a 120mm radiator

now i was watching linus's vids and say heatsink cpu aftermarket cooler are slightly ok than using watercool and if so whats a good heatsink for cpu

sorry if i accidentally used the wrong thread for this quetion, just want some opinion

Well, watercooling is generally better than air cooling, excluding the really low end air coolers. However, air coolers are still a great option and provide a bit more value opposed to water-cooling in my opinion. You should be fine with the cooler you bought though.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Well, watercooling is generally better than air cooling, excluding the really low end air coolers. However, air coolers are still a great option and provide a bit more value opposed to water-cooling in my opinion. You should be fine with the cooler you bought though.

+1 I agree with this. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Hello, im just wondering which is a better cooling component for the cpu

i recently bought an enermax liqtech 120s all in one cooler with only a 120mm radiator

now i was watching linus's vids and say heatsink cpu aftermarket cooler are slightly ok than using watercool and if so whats a good heatsink for cpu

sorry if i accidentally used the wrong thread for this quetion, just want some opinion

If u have money - go water cooling.

And post your build log, of course :)

Also air can be quieter at idle because with water there is always the sound of the pump.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Yep, soaringchicken said it all :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

if you want the looks and dont care about getting bang for the buck then go with a custom loop

if you want to go a middle road or find water cooling just generally cool but are afraid of building it yourself then get an All in One

if you want to have bang for the buck and dont midn having a huge chunk of metal in your case go with air cooling

:)

almost every AIO pump is louder than a non-"stressed" air cooler.

There was nothing about AIO.

I never go AIO, because custom loop (in fact) is cheaper, dead-silent and effective.

I never go AIO, because custom loop (in fact) is cheaper, dead-silent and effective.

read the first post.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Cheaper? ... How so. Corsair H100i (for example) is a hell of a lot cheaper than a custom loop. The cheapest XSPC water cooling kit is around twice its price.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

Thanks for the reply guys

This community is the best i get lots of unput from u, am also a tech newbie just going to build my own pc this year my last pc i only bought parts and let them assemble it for me

Will post a build log soon once i get all the parts

Oh almost forgot since i am bought an all in on cooler for the first time how do i have to clean it? Do i regularly have to change the water? Or are those explained in the manual?

Thanks for the reply guys

This community is the best i get lots of unput from u, am also a tech newbie just going to build my own pc this year my last pc i only bought parts and let them assemble it for me

Will post a build log soon once i get all the parts

Oh almost forgot since i am bought an all in on cooler for the first time how do i have to clean it? Do i regularly have to change the water? Or are those explained in the manual?

You don't. You just install and then leave it. Same for al AIO apart from the odd few than can be expanded

Steve