[US-Tiger] PNY Optima Series 240GB SSD $80

yoloswag420boss

I may buy this. I need an SSD for my laptop, any specs on it? (Read or Write speeds?)

so many details

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I may buy this. I need an SSD for my laptop, any specs on it? (Read or Write speeds?)

I've heard its not a very good drive due to the swapping. Sadly, I only heard about it after I bought one. Anyways I got 230 read and write. 

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

Faster or slower than the Samsung 840 Evo?

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

PNY in my experience makes horrible SSD's I'm never using them again at least for storage. Used the XLR8 series for 1 month, drive suddenly died and was unable to show up in BIOS. Sent it in, didn't hear anything back for months even after trying to contact them, then 4 months after I sent in the drive, I finally got my replacement. On the replacement after 1 months use on a different computer, same thing happened. Tried to reach their customer service to submit a complaint, and no one would help me.

One of my friends has this same drive, and he's had nothing but problems with it. He's had the drive wipe itself a few times, still detected in the BIOS though, and just overall poor performance. Whenever he tried doing a firmware update, it was undetectable in their own program.

Who would buy PNY parts? Who? Might as well pick up used trash and use it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's 520 read and 300 write

I have PNY ram, graphic card and sd card and I've found them all to be great products to use. Must've had something wrong with it. 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

AFAIK, PNY GPUs are pretty legit. They make most of Nvidia's workstation grade parts, and they have one of the few remaining lifetime warranties on GPUs.  And I've never had any problems with their GPUs or flash storage (USB/SD).

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

On the second drive that died, they wanted me to send it in again for an RMA (pay for shipping again), so I told them I'd rather use it as a paperweight than trust it with 1 bit of my data

It's 520 read and 300 write

I have PNY ram, graphic card and sd card and I've found them all to be great products to use. Must've had something wrong with it. 

You must have had some of their gold.

On the second drive that died, they wanted me to send it in again for an RMA (pay for shipping again), so I told them I'd rather use it as a paperweight than trust it with 1 bit of my data

Stand up to the man!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |