ESO dropping subscription model

ThatOtherGuy95

I was massively underwhelmed and disappointed by the Beta. Even if it's not subscription based, it's not a good game IMO. 

i know, and i didn't enjoy the beta either, but apparently its much better now, i wanna see if they can make it fun like skyrim and oblivion was

Nope, it's maybe marginally better but still quite sad. Doesn't live up to the name at all.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

The game itself will also be very cheap by then. I am going to pick it up when they drop subscription just to see how mad bad it is. 

Imao the game is worse than LotRO.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

the game is terrible, they took the worst aspects of mmos and the worst aspects of elder scrolls and but them together for some reason

i know, and i didn't enjoy the beta either, but apparently its much better now, i wanna see if they can make it fun like skyrim and oblivion was

Were you playing through all the beta stages? The last one really improved, and I have heard that it has gotten even better. Though even the fans say it isn't worth 15$ a month.

The game should have been F2P in the first place with minor micro-transactions or charges for new content/DLC (stories, quests—content worth the cash). Like what CIG is doing with Star Citizen.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Not sure if I'll play this game free. They need to fix other things outside of just the payment model. Not that the model is bad, but it wasn't worth that 60 plus dollars and a monthly 15.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I bought it and played it at launch for a month and a bit. As a single player experience it was decent for the Lore and story, but they bit off way more than they could chew to make it an mmo.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Played beta.  Left expectedly disappointed.

For reasons I can't totally point out, it reminded me of Runescape (and that's not a good thing).

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

I was expecting that they will drop the monthly fee, since a lot of people wasn't really satisfied with the game let alone to pay to play for it.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I will most likely pick it up once the pay to play has been dropped and it is on sale. Not expecting anything amazing like skyrim....

From what I understood, you can pay to get premium features now, which makes this to a game where you have to pay2play and pay2win. Waaaaat?

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

From what I understood, you can pay to get premium features now, which makes this to a game where you have to pay2play and pay2win. Waaaaat?

Nope, paying for the premium features is not mandatory :)

Just like skins in MOBA games, you CAN pay for it however you DON'T have to.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Nope, paying for the premium features is not mandatory :)

Just like skins in MOBA games, you CAN pay for it however you DON'T have to.

I just understood it as you get a slight edge over anyone else if you have a subscribtion. And from my experiences with games like that, it slowly turns into a thing you need to continue.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I just understood it as you get a slight edge over anyone else if you have a subscribtion. And from my experiences with games like that, it slowly turns into a thing you need to continue.

Yeah that's right, but that doesn't make it pay2play, pay2win maybe (don't know how much edge the premium gives you) but you doesn't have to pay to play the game itself. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Pay2play i mean you still have to buy the game first.

Pay2win is usually some subscribtion that is messed up in all ways possible.

:/

I played the beta and enjoyed some of it.  I did not like however that I saw the usual deal where people would solo quests instead of grouping up.  That is something I really hope changes with mmorpg communities in the future.  I also hope that quests are made much harder in the open world of mmorpgs and that quest bosses actually are challenging.  Anyway with this news I hope to scoop up some sort of CE related to this game for next to nothing and play it on and off as again there were things I liked about the game in the beta.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

i bought it didnt like it without friends edned subbscription, so ill probably play it again then

I called this while i was beta testing waaaay back lol

Pay2play i mean you still have to buy the game first.

Pay2win is usually some subscribtion that is messed up in all ways possible.

:/

I hoped on Wiki and found this.

The term is also used as slang to refer to Internet services that require that users pay to use them. Usually, it refers to MMORPGs, where players must pay to maintain a playing account, as is the case with Eve Online or World of Warcraft.

Although I would say you are not wrong either, from what I understand it is a wide term :)

Or you meant it like just buying the game to play, which confused me, because a never seen anyone use it like you :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I hoped on Wiki and found this.

Although I would say you are not wrong either, from what I understand it is a wide term :)

Or you meant it like just buying the game to play, which confused me, because a never seen anyone use it like you :)

English is not my main language, so apologies for any misunderstandings.

What I mean is:

Pay2play = like COD, you pay once, play forever.

Pay2Win = like in free games where you get a certain edge over your free opponents, and makes the game not fun unless you spend hundreds of dollars on it.

English is not my main language, so apologies for any misunderstandings.

What I mean is:

Pay2play = like COD, you pay once, play forever.

Pay2Win = like in free games where you get a certain edge over your free opponents, and makes the game not fun unless you spend hundreds of dollars on it.

No worries, english in not my first language either :)

Uhm, so you meant it like this. I usually seen pay2play used to describe game with subscription model like World of Warcraft. That is why I was confused. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

No worries, english in not my first language either :)

Uhm, so you meant it like this. I usually seen pay2play used to describe game with subscription model like World of Warcraft. That is why I was confused. :)

I guess it's because I have never played these subscribtion based games, however WoW is free, and only costs money if you really want to play it seriosly(there is a free beginner thing). With ESO, you had to pay for the game, and then right after that you would have to pay for the game monthly, luckily they went back, but I fear it will turn into something like a F2P game that allows you to buy badass things.