2.1 speaker system for ~$100?

Shoopman

Can anyone recommend a decent 2.1 speaker system for around or less than $100? My old Altec Lansing VS2521 set started to die after 5 good years of service, so I bought some Logitech Z523s to replace them. Holy god they are bad. Every range of sound sounds muddy and muffled in comparison, and these cost twice as much as my old set. I honestly thought that I wasn't too sensitive to that kind of stuff but I was wrong, the difference is night and day. That being said, I will be returning the Z523s ASAP and I'm looking for something else to replace them. What I care most about is loud bass and speakers that can hit all ranges of sound with good clarity and minimal muffling. I was completely satisfied with some $60 Altec Lansings that lasted me 5+ years, so my standard isn't too high but these Logitechs are just awful.

This will be for both music and gaming btw.

Logitech used to be so amazing, but as of late I haven't been very pleased with their stuff. Here is a great set that my friend uses. This set is from like a prime Logitech time.

http://amzn.com/B0002SQ0A4