Sister Needs a Laptop

xrex64

My sister is using Adobe programs and Rihno, AutoCAD and Sketchup and needs a good laptop to fit her needs.

Max price: 1,000 USD

Thanks

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Acer's have almost unusable touchpads nowadays. Avoid unless another pointing device is being used.

They used to be absolutely fabulous but now they are dreadful. I find myself using the keyboard to navigate more than the mouse on my Acer Icona Shitbox, I have tried other new Acer models and they all have the exact same touchpad.

Not as bad as Dell's, my school had XPS13's and the touchpad was actually impossible to use. Every time I moved my finger it would rub and it felt like shit and one day I actually had blisters from it. It tracks better than the Acer but that is cancelled out by not being able to physically use it properly! Maybe it was just that model, I haven't tried other Dells.

Another offender is HP with that grid nipple kind of thing that while tracking OK and not rubbing it feels like its going to eventually eat my finger off.

ASUS, Toshiba and Lenovo's are still not bad, except Toshiba is starting to adopt HP's grid nipples :/

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Acer's have almost unusable touchpads nowadays. Avoid unless another pointing device is being used.

They used to be absolutely fabulous but now they are dreadful. I find myself using the keyboard to navigate more than the mouse on my Acer Icona Shitbox, I have tried other new Acer models and they all have the exact same touchpad.

yes, that is sorta problem, but for 15+ inch gaming laptop I think you would use mice most of the time. Atleast I would. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.