Need help improving wifi range in my home! Frustrated!

Ok, so I want to make this short and sweet. I am sure that this has been asked a million times before, and for the life of me I cannot find a easy solution for my problem online or even with my "tech" friends. The solution should be so simple but it's not.

I have hard wired ethernet in my home. I have my linksys WRT1900 plugged in centrally in the house, wifi in the entire house is great. I have a ethernet line going from inside the house that connected DIRECTLY to the router and the other end goes into the backyard garage. The garage wifi is unusable.

Basically, I am trying to re broadcast the SAME SSID signal from the inside of the house into the garage. I have used access points but they only create a new network, which works fine if I want to keep on manually switching my wireless devices, but I don't want to do this anymore, I just want the same SSID to be everywhere.

I have also tried UNIFI access points, only problem with this is they only do zero hand off as long as you use more that one access point. I don't want to get another access point in the house.

This is my frustration...... My 4 year old apple time capsule and apple airport express had this feature and worked great!!!!! How in the work do other manufactues not support this!!?? When I would setup the apple express it would ask me if I wanted to use the device as a access point and if I wanted to use the same SSID...... This is killing me I can't simply figure it out. And no, I don't want to go back the apple devices.

Thanks

Using the same SSID wont work as both routers will be broadcasting in the same network and it will get very unstable. You will need to set up your second router as a wireless bridge.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

What sort of device are you using in your garage?  If it is an AP it needs its own IP address outside of your DHCP range and it needs to point to your router.

For example:

Router in house IP = 192.168.1.1

Garage device IP = 192.168.1.2 with a default gateway of 192.168.1.1.

DHP Range = 192.168.1.3 --> 192.168.1.254

Set the same SSID and pw on your AP in the garage and you should have no issues iirc......