RAM upgrade when going from Lynnfield to Haswell

I'm going to be upgrading my system soon from a stock speed i5-750 to a potentially overclocked i5-4670k.
I know that everything I have is compatible with what I'm getting I was just wondering if there would be a benefit to me upgrading my RAM too?

The RAM I currently have is two 2x2GB kits of OCZ Platinum 1333Mhz which have slightly mis-matched voltages.
The kit I'm potentially replacing them with is a 2x4GB Kingston 2400Mhz HyperX Beast kit.

I'm from the UK so I'm willing to spend the (up to) £70 on RAM if it's worth doing.

Any advice?

Yeah I think 8GB would be welcome in an upgrade like this; to prevent any possible bottlenecks.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Do not get 2400mhz it just costs more and you will not get any benefit in applications like gaming you should get 1600mhz instead

Yeah the extra 800mhz doesnt help much in gaming. But it has SOME benifit in editing and so on. But i agree with 11k save yourself some money, or even better spread it out over your other components

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Well, I'll only be saving £10 if I went for some 1600Mhz G.Skill RipjawsX for example.

Would the 2400Mhz RAM not leave more headroom for overclocking the CPU in the future?

Well, I'll only be saving £10 if I went for some 1600Mhz G.Skill RipjawsX for example.

Would the 2400Mhz RAM not leave more headroom for overclocking the CPU in the future?

Nope. Wouldn't affect it at all.

Save the 10 pounds for the Steam Summer Sale. Much more bang for your buck there.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You would get less overclocking headroom for the CPU if you went with higher clocked memory at least with Haswell.

Save yourself time and money and just get a factory OC'ed bundle from either here:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=43&catid=2512&subid=2513

Or here:

http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs-overclocked-bundles

They are both UK retailers but they both have P&P charges

Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted

(Do not try to work the meaning out you will go insane I have tried it)

Is it still worth changing my RAM then if I'm only going up by 267Mhz ?

The 1600 kit I'd get is £48 ($74)