Why you shouldn't buy cheapo "tempered glass" screen protectors

Aniallation

Bought one of these $10 "tempered glass" screen protectors off eBay. It was a US seller so came fast but the product itself is more then likely Chinese. 

All the scratches from the screen were from just normal use, taking it in and out of pocket, setting it down on classroom tables, etc.

The cracks? They happened just now, from a 2 foot drop off my bed onto Austin's erect nipple the hardwood floor.

JwcHi6q.jpg

fantom lass 4 lyfe peepz

"Rawr XD"

phantom Glass*

notice the spelling of the other words in the sentence. it was intentional 

"Rawr XD"

Look on the bright side, at least it was the protector that shattered ^^ technically it did its job fine...

dat fantom lass iz 3 1448 5 u tho

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Look on the bright side, at least it was the protector that shattered ^^ technically it did its job fine...

Well yeah but for the price of 3 of these might as well get a proper piece of Phantom Glass that will last 3x longer if not more, and if it doesn't, they do have a lifetime warranty, as opposed to this one now which is throw it in the trash 

"Rawr XD"

I have HTC evo with gorilla glass gen 1 and it was through hell, the case is pretty much completely broken. Never had any screen protector, still not a single scratch. I have no fucking idea how people break gorilla glass screens.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I have HTC evo with gorilla glass gen 1 and it was through hell, the case is pretty much completely broken. Never had any screen protector, still not a single scratch. I have no fucking idea how people break gorilla glass screens.

Well, this isn't Gorilla Glass.

"Rawr XD"

Well, this isn't Gorilla Glass.

Ye. I know. I'm just saying I don't understand why you would want a screen protector.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Ye. I know. I'm just saying I don't understand why you would want a screen protector.

iPhone 5 isn't Gorilla Glass either lol

I don't use a screen protector on any of my Gorilla Glass phones aside from my Note 3 but that's because it came with an InvisibleShield Glass for free

"Rawr XD"

My Nexus 5 gorilla glass 3 destroyed itself in my pocket, so yeah, its easy 

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

My Nexus 5 gorilla glass 3 destroyed itself in my pocket, so yeah, its easy 

what the shit.

Spoiler

Well, on the cheap there is Spartan Tempered glass (well, cheap when they discount them anyway)... So far I've seen three sales discounting them from 85-90% off ($5-$8~), although the most recent was only 50% off on tempered (90% on everything else). 

But anyway, I have a Spartan tempered glass screen protector and other than the fact that the right corner doesn't want to sit perfectly flat --the upper right corner -- about the size of the tip of my finger -- has that weird pattern when the glass screen protector isn't flush against the phone. Other than that I have no complaints (well, excluding the small piece of dust that managed to get stuck underneath the protector that I can't seem to get rid of). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Both my parents have cheapo 10$ glass screen protectors.  on there iphone 6+s. both look great and are holding up just fine. so not every brand is horrible I think 

And I thought Linus was over-doing it by mentioning Phantom Glass so much at CES... LINUS WE NEED YOU ONE MORE TIME!

So many things I could write here... things like this.

It's a matter of luck seems whether you crack your screen or screen protectors. I also got one of those 10 dollar glass protectors, and it survived well so far, dropped it only once though.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Do people really have issues with screen scratches without a screen protector? I've had a smart phone since the original iPhone came out in 2007 and have never had any blemishes on the screen that were noticeable to the naked eye. Do you guys live on Tatooine?  ;)