Bellabeat Leaf, FINALLY a good looking wearable!

LukaP

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/16/bellabeat-leaf-a-health-tracker-for-women-will-now-track-your-reproductive-cycle-too/

With the Bellabeat Leaf, a piece of “smart jewelry” that can be worn as a necklace, pendant, bracelet or brooch to track activity, sleep and stress levels, the company is adding new features to the app and device itself that allows women to track their overall reproductive health.

Smart devices for women trying to get pregnant. not bad.

leaf_brooch.jpg?w=738

The Leaf is one of three items in Bellabeat’s lineup of health trackers for women, which also includes the Bellabeat Shell – a monitoring system for expecting moms – and the smart scale called the Bellabeat Balance.

Not sure how i feel about a pregnant woman checking her status via a smart device, instead of her own feelings and symptoms...

What’s appealing about the Leaf isn’t only the functionality it provides – it’s one of only a few activity monitors that also tracks breathing (as a proxy for stress levels) – but also its form factor. Unlike some wearables which tend to include bulky, plastic-y bands that make them look more like sports watches, the Leaf is made of recyclable European wood and steel, and looks like jewelry many women would actually wear.

THIS!!! apart from a few smart watches (namely Moto360 and Pebble Steel) all of the wearables market just looks so silly, hope the push happens, for better looking devices

(also, just realised this is apparently a slovenian startup... you go girl :D )

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I thought you said good looking? :P

I'm not all too sure I can see the use of this, although innovation is cool

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

That means that they will need to wear Y (ones that show their boobs a lot) shirts so sensor is able to touch where it needs to touch.

So its only season gadget.

yeah good looking device sadly those don't have great use in my opinion their kind of a gadget

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/16/bellabeat-leaf-a-health-tracker-for-women-will-now-track-your-reproductive-cycle-too/

Smart devices for women trying to get pregnant. not bad.

leaf_brooch.jpg?w=738

Not sure how i feel about a pregnant woman checking her status via a smart device, instead of her own feelings and symptoms...

THIS!!! apart from a few smart watches (namely Moto360 and Pebble Steel) all of the wearables market just looks so silly, hope the push happens, for better looking devices

(also, just realised this is apparently a slovenian startup... you go girl :D )

sooo they are maketing it for first time pregnant moms that are paranoid about knowing about their baby's health?

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

To me it's not that good looking.  I actually prefer the look of the Razer Nabu.  Too bad they don't make one that fits my tiny wrists :'(

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I thought you said good looking? :P

I'm not all too sure I can see the use of this, although innovation is cool

That means that they will need to wear Y (ones that show their boobs a lot) shirts so sensor is able to touch where it needs to touch.

So its only season gadget.

yeah good looking device sadly those don't have great use in my opinion their kind of a gadget

never said its a great device xD but it looks much better than wearables of today

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I've always wondered why people need to track their sleep... Like, i'm pretty sure i know when i'm awake and when i've been asleep. Unecersarry features in my opinion, i know when i'm stressed. I don't need an app to tell me that. 

But definitely one of the better looking wearables on the market 

Sound interesting but it will have to be very cheep to justify the very narrow usability.

And as far as looks go I guess we have different tastes =)

Why would you listen to me? I'm just some random guy on the internet!

never said its a great device xD but it looks much better than wearables of today

you got me there :)

Also I dont get these companies that stuck heart beat sensor in small thing that we wear usually and call it "High-Tech health improvement live changing (to better ofc) gadget".

Off Topic: 5,000 posts! Finally! :D

@LukaP

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I quite like the look of the Moto 360 and Pebble Steel though tbh, although I agree that wearables haven't yet figured out a good design for themselves

Also gratz on the 5k

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

This looks really nice id gladly get one for my future wife especially for the pregnancy feature.

Beam me up Scotty! 

It does look good and from looking at it's exterior you would never think that it's some kind of device.

I've always wondered why people need to track their sleep... Like, i'm pretty sure i know when i'm awake and when i've been asleep. Unecersarry features in my opinion, i know when i'm stressed. I don't need an app to tell me that. 

Some people feel like they sleep okay, but wake up tired. Some people sleep walk. Some people have nightmares, but don't remember them and also wake up tired. Should I go on?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Some people feel like they sleep okay, but wake up tired. Some people sleep walk. Some people have nightmares, but don't remember them and also wake up tired. Should I go on?

Nah it's ok. 

They should make a similar device for men, that turns on a bright light and send a text to your friends each time you get a boner!

Maybe not.

It can be quite useful, especially EEG with proper software . For polyphasic sleepers or for anyone who wants to get most of their limited time for sleep.

EEG also helps quite a lot when you're testing different nootropics or psychostymulants.

As for the stress - real data are much more useful than "I know when I'm stressed" when it comes to pinpointing what causes it and what works best for us to deal with it.

So yeah. It's really useful , at least for some time until you learn how to read your body.