Which one?

Dispect
Go to solution Solved by spartaman64,

i'd say the asus because it has better contrast and they both have 100% sRGB

Hi guys, having a slight dilemma here. 

Finally took the jump and upgraded my 760 to a 980 which will be here in a few days.

Now, I also need to upgrade my monitor as the current one I have is an old 22" one that I've had for almost a decade. 

I'm debating between 2k and 4k for the resolution.

Which one should I get? I mainly game, edit photo/videos (I'm a professional photographer) and watch videos here and there as I don't have a TV.

Samsung U28D590D

http://www.ncix.com/detail/samsung-u28d590d-28in-4k-uhd-c5-95635-1261.htm

Asus PB278Q

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-pb278q-27in-led-backlit-1f-76578-1261.htm

BenQ GW2765HT

http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-gw2765ht-27in-ips-wqhd-d6-98207-1383.htm

Thanks guys.

you probably shouldnt get a 4k monitor with a single 980 get a 2k monitor

Seeing as you edit photo and video, I think I'd toss out the U28D590D already, as it carries a TN panel.

The PB278Q will have slightly better colors, so I would probably pick that up. 

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

you probably shouldnt get a 4k monitor with a single 980 get a 2k monitor

I see.. However, I'd like to be as "future-proof" as possible because of my line of work. I see the potential of 4k and may need to dwell into that soon.

What do you suggest I do?

Seeing as you edit photo and video, I think I'd toss out the U28D590D already, as they both carry TN panels. 

Why is that? Sorry, I'm not really familiar with technological terms.

I see.. However, I'd like to be as "future-proof" as possible because of my line of work. I see the potential of 4k and may need to dwell into that soon.

TN isnt as good with colors and stuff than IPS

TN (Twisted Neumatic) panels tend to trade color accuracy for response time and refresh rate (refresh rate has to do with the maximum viewable framerate on-screen before tearing occurs, all of these monitors can view 60FPS before tearing occurs, which is when two frames or more render and push at the same time to the display, leaving parts of both frame on-screen at the same time, response time is the amount of time from when a frame is rendered by a GPU to when it is shown on screen as far as I know). IPS (In-Plane Switching) monitors are better for people like yourself, whom edit photos and videos professionally but also like to game.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

TN isnt as good with colors and stuff than IPS

Thanks!

TN (Twisted Neumatic) panels tend to trade color accuracy for response time and refresh rate (refresh rate has to do with the maximum viewable framerate on-screen before tearing occurs, all of these monitors can view 60FPS before tearing occurs, which is when two frames or more render and push at the same time to the display, leaving parts of both frame on-screen at the same time, response time is the amount of time from when a frame is rendered by a GPU to when it is shown on screen as far as I know). IPS (In-Plane Switching) monitors are better for people like yourself, whom edit photos and videos professionally but also like to game.

Ahh I see. I guess I'll have to rule out the Samsung one then. Its between the Asus and BenQ

thank you!

Asus has uppdated the pb278q to pb278qr I've got the pb278qr and love it and what I have seen the difference to the ordernary a is small