how to remove thermal paste with no alcohol

GeeZillion

so i dont have any alcohol and i just get my 212 evo in the mail so i need to know what i can use other then alcohol to clean the paste off my CPU

I just use a paper towel. Isopropyl alcohol isn't actually necessary. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Acetone?

(in nail polish remover)

Just make sure it's clean as best you can get it. I use coffee filters.

Any kind of cloth would work. If possible don't use paper towels or tissues because they leave behind fibres

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

so i dont have any alcohol and i just get my 212 evo in the mail so i need to know what i can use other then alcohol to clean the paste off my CPU

lick it

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Why can't you use alcohol?

because he does not have any

because he does not have any

Any corner store will have at least 70% purity of the stuff.

Woo!

vodka/hard liquor should work if there is no way of getting rubbing alcohol. 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

i've always used lighter fluid and a rag. be careful though. shits on fire, yo

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Paper towel is fine if you don't have any, Just wipe it down till you cant see anymore coming off on the towel

I'd get some alcohol ... it super cheap, and you can find it anywhere. 

If you have a radioshack nearby many of them have Arctic Silver Actic Clean kits and if you can't get that or alcohol then use any cloth that doesn't leave something behind and keep wiping until it looks like there is no left over paste.

Also, when applying the thermal paste a good method with the 212 Evo is known as the "X" pattern method

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

I guess if you can't get Alcohol swabs (real cheap) then just wipe it off with a paper towel or microfiber.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Brake cleaner works real well. I use it whenever I need to remove paste. No issues whatsoever. Just give it a couple moments to dry before applying new paste.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!