Best Sounding 2.1 Speakers under £100

8BitHate
Go to solution Solved by s3ns3,

I want to get some speakers for less then £100. I've been looking at the Logitech Z623 but they are a bit pricey for 2.1s. Short and simple.

I want to get some speakers for less then £100. I've been looking at the Logitech Z623 but they are a bit pricey for 2.1s. Short and simple.

Pricey for 2.1s? there are 2.1 systems that cost thousands :D

I love my harmon kardon soundsticks

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Do you want active speakers? (with build-in amp)  If you already have an amp, you can buy some pretty good 2.0 speakers. 
Do you need a subwoofer? 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Beat me to it. I just picked up a set of them for £60 at Currys (one of the most expensive places to go)

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Haha i love that we don't suggest 2.1 systems :P

That is 2.1.  :lol:  But I don't suggest 2.1 to people. 2.0 master race. 

These two for example <3

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-020-ML&groupid=702&catid=22&subcat=719

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-018-ER&groupid=702&catid=22&subcat=719

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Do you want active speakers? (with build-in amp)  If you already have an amp, you can buy some pretty good 2.0 speakers. 

Do you need a subwoofer? 

Active would be preferred and if it meant sound quality over a sub I'd rather go for the quality if im honest.  

Those Microlabs look very nice indeed. Do you reckon getting a sound card would be a good to go along with them?

Those Microlabs look very nice indeed. Do you reckon getting a sound card would be a good to go along with them?

For speakers you shouldn't really need it. We don't promote sound cards in this forum DAC and AMP is the way to go (don't need amp for speakers).

Spoiler

dont get logitech speakers no matter what. sound quality is bad .get edifier or microlab

2.1 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microlab-FC330-Model-System-Speaker/dp/B0040N3BQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421351075&sr=8-1&keywords=microlab

for music get 2.0 . solo 6c are active speakers http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microlabs-SOLO6c-System-Audio-Speaker/dp/B0047CTA1C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421351288&sr=8-2&keywords=microlab

Edited by s3ns3

Most microlabs speakers are very good. 

You probably won't need a soundcard, but that depends on your motherboard/other-source. 

I would suggest to get a 2.0 system now and then add a subwoofer. Unless you listen mostly bassy music.

Most microlabs speakers are very good. 

You probably won't need a soundcard, but that depends on your motherboard/other-source. 

I would suggest to get a 2.0 system now and then add a subwoofer. Unless you listen mostly bassy music.

So what brands should I mainly steer towards for the time being?

Microlab or edifier would be my advise.

Buying a 2.0 system and adding a subwoofer is something I'd stay away from if you don't know what you're doing.

So what brands should I mainly steer towards for the time being?

For your budget Microlab 6C is good. You won't need a sub with those they are pretty damn good already.

Spoiler

Buying a 2.0 system and adding a subwoofer is something I'd stay away from if you don't know what you're doing.

Why would you say that?

Overlapping response, different gains, higher cost, takes in more space etc

Found this out the hard way, he's right...

Could not get a B&W AWS610 to sound right with my AudioEngine A5+'s. And that's not a shitty subwoofer...

Hey there, I am not very informed on things audio, so maybe you could help me.  I recently decided to buy some Simple Audio Listen's via Massdrop.  Through Massdrop, they are only $160 after shipping.  I have 8 days before the drop concludes, so I have some time to decide before I am actually charged any money and am committed.  I love the way they look, the touch screen, the functionality, the no-distortion, the headphone jack, and the possibility to upgrade with a sub.  Your comment about buying a 2.0 system and adding as sub later did get me thinking, because I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to audio.  I just need to upgrade from these garbage Logitech's.

Do you think these are still a good purchase based on their price?  Could you put together something for the same/similar price that will get me better performance?  I would like front volume control, and a front headphone jack.  I use my computer mainly for general use, gaming, and movie watching in a medium sized room.  I don't need super bass, but having some would be nice.  Alternatively, what would be a good sub to pair with the Simple Audio Listen down the road if I decide to stick with those.  Desktop space is an issue, I only have about 5in x 5in x 7.75in of space per speaker on my desk.  I can put a sub under my desk without problem.  I don't have the greatest ear, but I would like something respectable, and of course if there is something better for less, I am always open to that.

Thank you, and sorry for hijacking this thread.  If anyone else has a better idea for an alternative, I'm all ears.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Faceman The SA Listens are more for people with little space that just need some good audio for personal listening. Like at the desk of your job for example. A 2.1 set from say Logitech, Edifier or Klipsch will give you much more bang/buck.

@Faceman The SA Listens are more for people with little space that just need some good audio for personal listening. Like at the desk of your job for example. A 2.1 set from say Logitech, Edifier or Klipsch will give you much more bang/buck.

I'd say I have a small to medium sized space that I need to get sound to.  Maybe I am just falling too in love with the touch screen and bluetooth(something I'll rarely, if ever use).  I am so unsatisfied with my Logitech Z313 speaker set.  The audio is incredibly bland, flat, and muddled.  Its unimpressive to say the least. I would just like something that sounds better, that actually puts you in the room or vicinity of the action, music, or dialogue.

I'm going to do some research too, but could you possibly recommend a good 2.1 system from Edifier or Klipsch please?  I am done with Logitech Speakers, they have zero support, and the people I talk to over the phone there are just not with the program.  They do have some appealing options at the $150 and below price point, but they have lost me as a customer as far as audio goes.

Just doing a quick search I've come up with, I would like something that is appealing visually, I know, highly subjective, but its a need of mine:

Edifier 2.1 5036

Edifier 2.1 4086

Edifier 2.1 M3200 <-- Kinda tall speakers, but I think I can make it work with some repositioning.

I'm not liking the look of the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s, even though all the reviews appear to be glowing.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."