[Massdrop] Simple Audio Listen Speakers - $150

Faceman

These were on sale at NCIX for $149 with free shipping (Canada). In fact, they were that price for all of December and first couple of weeks into Jan.

Update: It's currently $148 with FREE shipping at NCIX!

Can anyone recommend a good subwoofer to go along with these?

Do Massdrop ship worldwide or is it just US/Canada? If they do ship worldwide, I need to start to pay more attention to Massdrop as that is a pretty good deal.

They do, but for something like a speaker set the delivery price is very high:

4987e18103.png

They show it for you if you're logged in and have a location set. Delivery for smaller items is very reasonable, however.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 .:. Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz .:. Graphics Card: MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC 2GB

Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1x 1000GB WD Blue .:. RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill RipjawzX 2133MHz .:. CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Case: NZXT H440 Black/Red .:. PSU: Corsair CX600M .:. Fans: 5x 120mm AeroCool Dead Silence, 1x 140mm AeroCool Dead Silence

What is the warranty on these?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Do Massdrop ship worldwide or is it just US/Canada? If they do ship worldwide, I need to start to pay more attention to Massdrop as that is a pretty good deal.

They do ship worldwide.  Some products cost a lot in shipping, others not so much.  There is a big international community on Massdrop because even with added cost of shipping, it ends up being a lot less expensive.  Just be prepared to wait 2-3 weeks to finally get your product.  Keep up with Massdrop, its an amazing website, I'm enamored by it, such a brilliant idea.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

What is the warranty on these?

Two years

EDIT*

Actually I'm not sure, because Newegg is saying just one year.  I will ask on Massdrop and get back to you.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Nice price for our brothers to the north.  NCIXUS.com has them listed for a cool $498.

I'm going to include the NCIX deal in the original post.

You can get these at NCIX canada for $148 better if you are in canada http://www.ncix.com/detail/simple-audio-listen-stereo-speakers-95-92217-1261.htm

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

You beat me to it :P

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I picked these up a couple weeks ago for that price from NCIX. They sound very nice, play at some loud volumes without distortion that I could tell and have all the bells and whistles: blue tooth, touch controls, remote control.

Join the Simple Audio club :D

Edit* I am curious why they have dropped in price so much and have held for over 2 weeks though...

I picked these up a couple weeks ago for that price from NCIX. They sound very nice, play at some loud volumes without distortion that I could tell and have all the bells and whistles: blue tooth, touch controls, remote control.

Join the Simple Audio club :D

Edit* I am curious why they have dropped in price so much and have held for over 2 weeks though...

If you read in the Massdrop comments, there was a fairly big problem between FedEx, Corsair, and Massdrop. NCIX saw the MD price, and decided to use this as a loss-leader for  Boxing Day.  It is likely some extras from the first drop that are still available because so many people cancelled and asked for refunds.  No clue why its been this low for this long on NCIX(canada).  I am thrilled to get such amazing speakers for only $150 US, because everywhere else, they are $280+.

The no-distortion thing was a real big part of my decision to purchase these.  I am so unhappy with my Logitech Z313s, and this figures to be a massive improvement.  I love the functionality, modern touch, and features that this speaker set provides.  Also the option to upgrade by adding a subwoofer.  Did I mention their look?  They look so nice and modern!  I am psyched to get this, I just wish I didn't have to wait so long.

I use my speakers as just plain desktop speakers, and watch the occasional movie/TV show, so according to Linus' review, this is what they are meant for, desktop use.

How is the bluetooth sound quality?  I don't intend to use them via bluetooth, but I am curious as to how they perform because you always hear non-wired audio is terrible.

I'll be stuck with my speakers made by JBL that came with a compac presario 16 years ago

You would not happen to be talking about these speakers, would you?

IMG_20150114_203703.jpg

Looks in wallet. Nope.avi

I prefer hellno.mp4, but that's just me.

If nothing else pops up on mass drop before these speakers end Im defiantly going to pic them up! 

How is the bluetooth sound quality?  I don't intend to use them via bluetooth, but I am curious as to how they perform because you always hear non-wired audio is terrible.

I don't consider myself an "audiophile" so to me I couldn't notice. However, I wasn't testing them side by side or anything I just wanted to make sure bluetooth was working, and it does.

Would these be better than the Beyerdynamic DT-880's I currently have for watching movies at my PC?

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

$78 shipping to where I live, which comes to $228 in total,

I think i'll pass :l

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Damn, would like one pair, but 60$ Shipping = NOUP, I can get some good Microlab Solo 6C for that price and still have 80$ in my pocket...

Or even Microlab Solo 7C and still would be about 30$  cheaper.

Hi everyone; I live in the UK and I've ordered a pair of these and I'm really excited about them but I'm worried about the step up from 110V in US to 240V in UK. I have only found this on Simple Audio's website "AC adapter with interchangeable power cord. 12V DC input via barrel connector” and I don't really know what it means. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience in this area? It would be so so appreciated - thanks :)

cjsun9

Was honestly thinking about buying these before they dropped to 150$ completely forgot about them until now. Super stoked about them, just bought them. Gunna get a 4790k with the rest of the money I was saving up for them.

Meh, these were a lot hotter this past weekend when NCIX had a $50GC on top of the $150 sale

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Meh, these were a lot hotter this past weekend when NCIX had a $50GC on top of the $150 sale

NCIX US or Canada?