What's the best way to use RAMDisks?

anti-clockwize

Hello,

I was wondering firstly if RAMdisks are the best way to go for gaming, or will an M.2 or sata6gb/s SSD be enough (i guess consider a game that access files very intensively)

And if RAMdisks are the best thing to use, is it a good idea to have it dump onto something quicker than sata6 (like m.2) to aid in switching between games?

Would a PCIe SSD with high queue lengths and sequential reads and writes show some value in storing game installs that will only be actually run from a RAMdisk?

Sorry if this is considered a dated topic.

They really don't make that much of a difference past 500mb/s read and write... IN my opinion, unless you have a plethora of ram, having a RAM disk is useless.... I know the pcmasterrace sub reedit has an article about it but basically it's a waste. You'd be better of with a single high performance ssd like your m.2 one...

I agree with MiniMoose.

Ramdisk for regular usage will make no real difference compared to a modern SSD.  It will be way better than a magnetic disk, but again, its likely cheaper to get way more SSD than put a ton of RAM in your system.