Why does internet privacy matter?

So there is one thing I guess I never understood, internet privacy.

I personally don't care if the government read all my emails, knew who I hated, knew who I liked and monitored me.

I've got nothing to hide so why should I care? Why do you care?

Obviously internet pimps and cyber gang bangers care, they don't want to be caught. If you're doing nothing illegal why does it matter

if some old dudes read your private messages and monitor the websites you've visited.

If I had some NSA agent following me around in real life, I probably wouldn't act the same. That would get annoying but since

I don't know who's reading my shit & I will most likely never meet them I just don't care.

Can't wait to see some responses.

Is it more than just some old guy viewing your personal stuff?

blackshades on

It's no problem when everything is legal. Even though, you have to hide them. You can't run nude in streets saying nobody cares. (No offence. I don't want to start an argument here). So you would live a life with no social respect? O.o

SNIP

Morals, why should the private text I send to my girlfriend be read by other people? the photo I send to my friends

Why should all of my information be gathered, read and analysed, since I am NOT a criminal, why are they gathering my information and evidence?

There is nothing they can learn from reading my emails and texts, I just dont want them to, just like when I go the toilet I dont want 100 cameras on me, its basically the same thing but for my information

In the digital age, your data IS you, if they dont need access to it for a specific reason, then they should not have it... if I am found to be engaging in criminal activities, they can get a warranty and search my stuff

This too, is a great article

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's the idea of freedom, I don't want the NSA going through my explicit images, or even my work emails because they're private.

I'm pretty sure they will find it hard to find me though as I may or may not use the house opposite's wifi...

Basically to remain anonymous:

Mask the MAC address of the adapter you use.

Use a VPN (Not a mainstream snitch one who will break under pressure).

Use a proxy browser.

Use software that masks key inputs.

Oh and stay away from Tor at all costs.

Imagine having a camera following you around every second of your life... listening... broadcasting...

because that's what it will amount to...

every single bit of data you send and receive will be seen.... all of your online actions revealed...

then the people with the data will use this to hit you with ads and subliminal messaging... trying to control your actions...

The ads and subliminal messaging thing is something I had in the back of my head.

That actually ticks me off, I hate ads that flash at me and my interests. 

Subliminal messaging? not sure I have seen that anywhere

Actually ad tracking is not THAT much of an issue, at least its advertising shit I am interested in, but I do value my privacy, (not that I particularly practice it)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Actually ad tracking is not THAT much of an issue, at least its advertising shit I am interested in, but I do value my privacy, (not that I particularly practice it)

I've seen subliminal messaging in a lot of youtube video which is different from automatic collection of data but its there.

blackshades on

That's the point... the target of it is your subconscious...

I'm getting all tinfoil hat here but I might be able to see it in action in our next national elections...

I've seen subliminal messaging in a lot of youtube video which is different from automatic collection of data but its there.

Have you? where? examples?

Have you? where? examples?

Devinsupertramp has a lot of product placement's that could be considered subliminal.

Especially when they're not mentioned, you just see the product then notice the name on everything.

blackshades on

Devinsupertramp has a lot of product placement's that could be considered subliminal.

Especially when they're not mentioned, you just see the product then notice the name on everything.

I love Devins videos :3

I guess you could call product placement subliminal advertising, but I have no issue with that, he has to raise money somehow

Advertising, and reading my private emails are two very different concepts

internet privacy matters to me since i dont want someone at nsa looking at my girlfriends snapchats 

What's the difference though?

That photo is being sent to snapchats servers, stored on their hard drives, don't forget about your ISP, watch out for apple, they collect data and finally NSA views the photo for your safety. 

blackshades on

Ive said this in another thread what if u are in the military deployed overseas and your wife sends you a "naughty" pic do u really want someone else to see your wife naked? Do you really want someone to know what things turn you on or what u do everyday know everything about you and your life even tho you have no idea who they are? 

Just because your not doing something illegal doesn't mean you shouldn't care!

Ive said this in another thread what if u are in the military deployed overseas and your wife sends you a "naughty" pic do u really want someone else to see your wife naked? Do you really want someone to know what things turn you on or what u do everyday know everything about you and your life even tho you have no idea who they are? 

Just because your not doing something illegal doesn't mean you shouldn't care!

Of course I wouldn't want anyone to see me naked or my wife but who knows, that connection might be insecure, your photo may collect data, your ISP or carrier may collect data. What does it matter if someone you will never meet viewed your photo in a secured environment? Just throwing some stuff out there because we are really not as secure and private as we think we are. Fappining and snappining all happened.

Companies have to collect data since that's what hard drives store. Data!

blackshades on

Of course I wouldn't want anyone to see me naked or my wife but who knows, that connection might be insecure, your photo may collect data, your ISP or carrier may collect data. What does it matter if someone you will never meet viewed your photo in a secured environment? Just throwing some stuff out there because we are really not as secure and private as we think we are. Fappining and snappining all happened.

Well it would be ignorant for me to isps and carriers don't collect data but they have no use to look at it anyway they only usually care about metadata because thats what makes them money, but who knows what the NSA wants it for and/or use it for what reason do they have to do this? 

Well it would be ignorant for me to isps and carriers don't collect data but they have no use to look at it anyway they only usually care about metadata because thats what makes them money, but who knows what the NSA wants it for and/or use it for what reason do they have to do this? 

Terrorists, cyber crime is probably the highest but yeah, who knows!

blackshades on

It can also be abused, right? I'm not very into this stuff and I don't really anything I think I should hide, but I know that those who are in charge of surveillance certainly have something to hide.

Look at Edward Snowden, he's regarded as a traitor for exposing illegal activity by NSA. That may be a bit off, but you get the point. Why would give my trust to surveillance if they're clearly hiding something from me?

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Terrorists, cyber crime is probably the highest but yeah, who knows!

Terrorists are bs just don't even go there. Just because someone uses something the wrong way doesn't mean we should all be punished. Its our right and if we let them trample all over 1 right there's no doubt there going to try and take over more!

Its also about control. If they can access your internet, where could it go. Cameras in your house, curfews. Its about maintaining civilian power. A lot like the US gun laws. I could go on for ever.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

You may not care who sees your online activity today, but you might care tomorrow, when rulership of your country falls to some despot who outlaws opinions and behaviors they don't like. Let them put their systems in place now, who knows who has access to it tomorrow.

There are a lot of down right crazy politicians out there, especially in the US if that's where you are.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I am glad everyone doesn't have your attitude.. by your logic we should let the government know everything we do. Cops shouldn't need warrants to search your house because if you abide by the law then you have nothing to hide and it's ok.

I don't want anyone to know what I am doing because if we give up one right what will they ask us to give up next? I am at work or I would go into way more detail. If their is ever a vote to allow the government to watch us please vote no.. don't say since I don't do anything wrong they can do whatever they want. That is the most dangerous attitude you can have.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

This is like a sensible subject. It's like everyone wants to fight terrorisim but then when we say we need to read the mails and listen to the conversations you say and do the people then say no and get scared about that.