Talk me out of buying a Macbook

hellyt6

OS X is a serious pain in the neck. My mom has a 2013 Macbook Pro and it is the single biggest pain in the ass to work with than anything. If you are coming from a PC background, the LTT video on OS X covers it pretty well:

he did not call it a pain in the neck, he just said... it was an OS.. just like windows is an OS. they both have pros and cons

OSX is a really nice OS in my opinion and macbooks are fantastic laptops

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can get a pretty good deal from Apple's refurb store, they usually sell everything for about 15% off and comes with a full 1 year warranty and all the fancy stuff that a new Apple product would come with sans the nice box.

You can get a retina 13" for $999. Every single cpu that Apple uses is actually better than the ones that PC manufactuers use due to the better Iris and Iris Pro graphics. As for clock speeds, the base clock speed might be lower such as in the MBA, but the turbo clocks are exactly the same, meaning you'll get exactly the same performance but also better graphics performance with the Mac.

As for hackintosh, I find MSI motherboards to be pretty easy to work with. Both my previous P55-GD55 and current Z87-GD65 works 100%. I recommend the Clover way of doing it from Tonymacx86

When I get my tax return and the rest of my FAFSA after my books, I plan on finding a 2009-2013 Macbook on ebay. I know, they're not worth it, but I'd really like to get a good feel for Mac OS X, since I plan on going into the IT field having a feel for every operating system will help, right? I would do a Hackintosh, but the only Mac I have around is an old iMac G3 in snow white... It doesn't even know the definition of OS X last I checked, I think it's running 9.8 still. So tell me.. Is there another way to go about it?

It's a macbook, why would you buy it?

There I talked you out of it.

Alternately, Clevo machines have been known to be hackintosh-able. You may or may not need the Prema bios mod for them, though.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday