How many of this Gen's consoles have died on you

So i was looking at the VOD of the live stream and Slick said that he had broken 3-4 xbox 360's and i was just wondering how many Xbox 360s and PS3s have broken or died on you . I'm very curious about the answer im personally on my 4th Xbox and my second PS3 which is just ridiculous when you think about it

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

none just because I barley use them

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

i have 2 ps3's that were doa said screw sony, ive had one xbox 360 fail after having it since launch day and it died last month so im not to bad off lol

None, bought a xbox 360 for show. Also, to entertain my 10 year old cousins when they come over with it.

I think I've had 3-4 of the white ones and 3-4 Elites. Two of those Elites are still working. I'm currently using a 360-S and it'll probably last me till I don't give a shit if it dies or not.

My ps3 semi-died last month after 4 years of hardcore use shared with my brothers. The bd drive ended up dying but the system still ran games through the hdd fine.

Hardcore use as in 3-8 hours daily.

La`~

add all the costs, you can buy a decent Gaming PC :)

Intel i5 (1155 Sandy) Quad Core @4.3Ghz + Antec 25 Kuhler 620 | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus P67 Sabertooth | AMD Radeon Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X 6Gb | CoolerMaster StormTrooper | Corsair TX850M 850w | Western Digital 500Gb Caviar Blue + 1.5Tb Caviar Black + 2Tb Caviar Green | Samsung 27" LED Monitor SA550 1920x1080 | Samsung 40" LED TV 5003 Series 1920x1080 | Creative SB X-fi Xtreme Music | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Razer DeathStalker Expert | Razer DeathAdder 2013 | CH Flightstick Pro | Logitech Driving Force GT

i have two xbox die but were fix and both are still working and my 3rd xbox still works. though the last 7months i only play pc games. i still use xbox for netflix. now the new gen console coming out i'm looking forward to getting the PS4 and playing there first party games and couple multiplayer games on it. but still be pc gaming all the way. only reason i would build a $2k pc is for the awesome gaming and mods you can do with it.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

bought a ps3 on launch week. played it about 3 times a week every week and it has never had any problems ever. im really quite surprised as lots of my friends consoles have died(both xbox and ps3)

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

none

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I have had no consoles die on me but recently my Xbox 360 had 2 red bars or whatever which says it was overheating.  I decided to buy an Xbox 360 off brand cooler to put on the back of the console and so far so good.  It is totally working. Now in the long term I think I will have to open up the console and do some maintenance but that means buying some Torx screwdrivers which I would have bought today but didn't realize there were so many different Torx screwdrivers and so did not know what to buy to open an Xbox 360.  I did not want to buy the kit for Torx screwdrivers for $21 when I wasn't sure if I needed more than 1 or 2 versions of them. 

Update:  It eventually shut itself down and clearly I need to get in the thing and do maintenance.  I know I can get the Torx screwdrivers but what about tools called a spudger and heavy duty spudger ?  I know Princess Auto and Canadian Tire don't carry them so I guess I have to beg at the pc shops.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

None only got a ps3 after the first sliming happened but i barely play it as I'm mainly a PC gamer

Aselwyn1

Zero.

My Wii and PS3 are going strong still. The Xbox 360 I had I barely used at all, so it didn't really have a chance to fail before I got rid of it.

I have never broken a console, even though I was a heavy console gamer on my PS3 until November last year when I finally got a PC I can game on, but I only game on it in the warmer months, its too cold right now to be sitting at a desk. We still have a NES that works perfectly, PS1, 2 PS2's, and a PS3, and they still all work without issue. 

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I had the first version of the ps3 and it died and was fixed but when it came back the actual disk drive was fixed with tape... my xbox 360 has never had problems.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I've had 3 xboxes and one xbox controller die on me.... switched to PC gaming never looked back.

I don't normally post on forums, but when I do... that was it.

My Xbox 360 super elite has never broken down, but my PS2 has some serious total memory card corruption and were left useless; my PS2 has total corruption about 7 times and I had to keep getting new memory cards along with re-completing my games which was a massive pain the ass, but that is last gen.

One PS3 died and the XBOX died a month after I sold it (the guy wanted money back, nope).

I have had no consoles die on me but recently my Xbox 360 had 2 red bars or whatever which says it was overheating.  I decided to buy an Xbox 360 off brand cooler to put on the back of the console and so far so good.  It is totally working. Now in the long term I think I will have to open up the console and do some maintenance but that means buying some Torx screwdrivers which I would have bought today but didn't realize there were so many different Torx screwdrivers and so did not know what to buy to open an Xbox 360.  I did not want to buy the kit for Torx screwdrivers for $21 when I wasn't sure if I needed more than 1 or 2 versions of them. 

Update:  It eventually shut itself down and clearly I need to get in the thing and do maintenance.  I know I can get the Torx screwdrivers but what about tools called a spudger and heavy duty spudger ?  I know Princess Auto and Canadian Tire don't carry them so I guess I have to beg at the pc shops.

Do not use aftermarket coolers which go on the rear of the console! They overload the PSU and burn out the system. It sounds like your heatsinks are clogged with dust so you need to open the console up and clean it. This happened to my 360 after three years of use. It would get the 2 red lights after 10 mins of use.

Anyways here's the amount of Xbox 360's I've had:

Xbox 360 Premium console (01/2006-05/2008) got the RRoD and was then sent to MS for free. Got it back and then in 2010 sold it for the new 250 GB Slim which still works today. However the fan inside the PSU is knackered so it makes a grinding noise. Early this year I swapped my Slim for a Pro Jasper (plus £40) as I like the look of the phat console better. I also kept my 250GB hard drive too :)

2 xbox dead (Xenon dead - jasper dead)

one slim working

ps3 fat OLD 40 GB still working

1 orion VHS from the 90's still working

XBOX 360 < Orion 

8nyvkme.jpg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I barely touch them though.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I got an xbox 360 elite at launch and it only broke once. I was able to fix it myself though by replacesing the heat pads on it. I used it crazy amounts too. The max for my friends was 3 consoles and we all used ours crazy amounts. Guess I just got lucky. Never had a different console die and I've had just about them all except for a PS3