What do you think of this pc build?

Somebody.16

So I put this build together that I'm going to build into my old system. The parts are:

Cpu: Amd fx 6300

Mobo: Asrock fatal1ty killer 990fx

Gpu: sapphire r7 265

PSu: corsair cx 500w

Ram: 8gb g.skill 1866

Is this a good build or should I change it?

So I put this build together that I'm going to build into my old system. The parts are:

Cpu: Amd fx 6300

Mobo: Asrock fatal1ty killer 990fx

Gpu: sapphire r7 265

PSu: corsair cx 500w

Ram: 8gb g.skill 1866

Is this a good build or should I change it?

you dun really need the 1866mhz RAM,1600 is plenty.Would recommend you to go with an intel i5

you dun really need the 1866mhz RAM,1600 is plenty.Would recommend you to go with an intel i5 .And the gpu,i am not an amd hater or something,i love it as well,but you should go with the GTX 970,best bang for the bucks card now and also nvidia has better updateds and support,so ya

Considering OP is forking out for something with an FX6300 and a R7 265, I'd say a 970 is well out of range.

That being said, seems to be a decent build. I agree with RamSatesh, no need for 1866 RAM as you're not using an APU. If you want a little more performance for not much extra, the R9 270X is a very strong performer. You also need to pick a case. We could help more if you told us your budget, what you plan to do with your system and any other details.

i5 4670k | MSI Z87-G43 | NH-U12S | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | GTX 770 SC ACX | Define R4

Considering OP is forking out for something with an FX6300 and a R7 265, I'd say a 970 is well out of range.

That being said, seems to be a decent build. I agree with RamSatesh, no need for 1866 RAM as you're not using an APU. If you want a little more performance for not much extra, the R9 270X is a very strong performer. You also need to pick a case. We could help more if you told us your budget, what you plan to do with your system and any other details.

yes as he said,the R9 270x is just a few bucks extra and u'll get more performance out of it.Could we know your budget,are the monitor,mouse or keybourd included in your budget,what are you planning to do with this build?if we knew more,we could help u much better

It's a family workstation but I will also be using it to play some games. Budget under 500 euros( I live in the Netherlands)

Already have a case monitor mouse keyboard hard disk, the main goal is to let it run do most of the normal thing very fast.

Buy an i3 instead.  It will be much better in the short and long term.  Better performance and future upgrade path.

i3 + H81/B85 motherboard.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

you dun really need the 1866mhz RAM,1600 is plenty.Would recommend you to go with an intel i5 .And the gpu,i am not an amd hater or something,i love it as well,but you should go with the GTX 970,best bang for the bucks card now and also nvidia has better updateds and support,so ya

Recommending an i5 and a GTX 970 when he has budget for a FX6300 and R7 265.

really?

Recommending an i5 and a GTX 970 when he has budget for a FX6300 and R7 265.

really?

well,he could save up

well,he could save up

Could aswell save up 10 years for a maxed out x99 build..