Micro-atx gaming rig "Black Recluse"

waggythegeek

Silverstone FTZ01 is a new one that supports "full-length" cards. looks neat: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=533&area=en

You mean my forum handle?...Kay-Kay-Patel-8-7 :)

Cool. Might actually stick with my current case. Corsair carbide air 240... Nice and roomy, yet pretty small too.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got enough money to buy anything but the processor. What should I get? Also, since my case is micro-ATX, I'm switching to a micro-ATX mobo to squeeze out more power. Does this mobo have wireless internet?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h97mpro4

• 2 weeks later...

Shalom bro. a few thing on my mind

1.what ever MB you get look for its support on memory (to see how many cards u can get of that brand not all cards work in 4 slot mode need to see the QVL) and check for any bios updates before getting the new CPU

2. you should get a larger then 120gb SSD as 250+ gets more performance due to larger Dram (basic structure not all vendors have it config like this 840 evo)

120gb=256MB LPDDR2-1066,250gb=512MB LPDDR2-1066,500gb=512MB LPDDR2-1066,750gb=1GB LPDDR2-1066,1TB=1GB LPDDR2-1066

I really like the EVO 850 250GB (own it) windows 10 fly's and its working for now on SATA 3GB not 6GB so... 

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Shalom bro. a few thing on my mind

1.what ever MB you get look for its support on memory (to see how many cards u can get of that brand not all cards work in 4 slot mode need to see the QVL) and check for any bios updates before getting the new CPU

2. you should get a larger then 120gb SSD as 250+ gets more performance due to larger Dram (basic structure not all vendors have it config like this 840 evo)

120gb=256MB LPDDR2-1066,250gb=512MB LPDDR2-1066,500gb=512MB LPDDR2-1066,750gb=1GB LPDDR2-1066,1TB=1GB LPDDR2-1066

I really like the EVO 850 250GB (own it) windows 10 fly's and its working for now on SATA 3GB not 6GB so...

Can I do that without breaking 750 USD?

amm... I really recommend an minimum 250GB SSD speeds up everything like wow, so if u will have to spend a little more it will be a good thing and a good investment SSD now days is a must and 250GB will do 4 a while and next buy an 2TB+ HDD

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

and about the MOBO why not get an MSI or an Asus ? I really recommend

and about the MOBO why not get an MSI or an Asus ? I really recommend

Lel. Dood. Can't break 750 USD. After the build is finished, I will open up a new thread for upgrade ideas, and will post there as I update. I wish I could do this.

amm... I really recommend an minimum 250GB SSD speeds up everything like wow, so if u will have to spend a little more it will be a good thing and a good investment SSD now days is a must and 250GB will do 4 a while and next buy an 2TB+ HDD

Remember, I don't even have my permit yet. I'm relying on allowance and holiday money.

Well, maybe... If I eliminated the HDD altogether... Lemme go see if the contents of my current laptop would fit on a 250GB ssd.

Well, maybe... If I eliminated the HDD altogether... Lemme go see if the contents of my current laptop would fit on a 250GB ssd.

any luck ?

• 4 weeks later...

Update 5: pics of ram here! see the first post.

any luck ?

wow, they do! ok then... however... how miuch room does an operating system take up?

Update 6: motherboard should be here in about a week! sorry for the long waits between items. Also: I bought the r9 280 a while bak, but they now released the gtx 960. Can I return the unused r9 280 and get a refund/exchange it for a GTX 960? I got the r9 280 from newegg.

Update 6: motherboard should be here in about a week! sorry for the long waits between items. Also: I bought the r9 280 a while bak, but they now released the gtx 960. Can I return the unused r9 280 and get a refund/exchange it for a GTX 960? I got the r9 280 from newegg.

Newegg has a 30 day return policy I believe.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

Also @ElectroVolt

Newegg has a 30 day return policy I believe.

Pooooooooo

Pooooooooo

The 280 will still be a great 1080p card though...

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

The 280 will still be a great 1080p card though...

Alright.....

Dis being my first build, I have no clue: How overclockable will this be?

• 2 weeks later...

I NEED AN OPINION: So, I've been looking at graphics cards, and noticed that the stock speed is a bit below average on the r9 280. Is the windforce cooler good enough to OC a fair amount with? How much OC can I get?

wow, they do! ok then... however... how miuch room does an operating system take up?

I'm guessing 40gb max with program files but u want to do a secondary program files on the HDD and install any software or games to that folder ! to lower the read and writes to the SSD so it will last longer (maybe u can install most critical games on the SSD for better loading and stuff)

Edited by Benielishackove

I NEED AN OPINION: So, I've been looking at graphics cards, and noticed that the stock speed is a bit below average on the r9 280. I'd the windforce cooler good enough to OC a fair amount with? How much OC can I get?

I have never used amd I recommend a 960 4gb if u want best 1080p if u want 1440p go with 970 and if u want 4k go with 980 and if u want say I hate numbers and want an X (x has been the go-to symbol for the unknown quantity in mathematical equations) but and X costs like x4 960 x3 970 or x2 980  lmao

I NEED AN OPINION: So, I've been looking at graphics cards, and noticed that the stock speed is a bit below average on the r9 280. I'd the windforce cooler good enough to OC a fair amount with? How much OC can I get?

Windforce is an awesome cooler so yeah u can OC a good bit with that assuming the gpu is up to it, as far as the 960 goes that 280 is a bit worse in pure power althought not by much, but that extra gig of Vram is gonna come in mighty handy

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

Windforce is an awesome cooler so yeah u can OC a good bit with that assuming the gpu is up to it, as far as the 960 goes that 280 is a bit worse in pure power althought not by much, but that extra gig of Vram is gonna come in mighty handy

With OC, can I make it on par with a stock 960?