Odd smell from hands, possibly from gaming

So lets right out front admit it.

I game on a mac. I don't game 24/7, I also do work on it so its not that bad. Hey, at least I dual booted it with windows :P

Now don't go spamming me about this, because thats not what this is about. I needed portability with a good weight, and a good performance standpoint. 

My laptop is a late 2014 15" Macbook pro with retina display. This behemoth packs a pretty serious punch for a laptop, not to mention its apple.

I can power two external displays, but havent gotten a chance to try it with 3, but i've heard it can be done, and im sure a GTX 750M can do it easily. I use a logitech G700S for my mouse, and thats what this comes down to. I am considering migrating to a Mad Catz Rat Pro X when it is in-stores, but I'll have to see. 

I use my computer every day (unless there is a special event or something) and almost every day I game. TF2, Goat simulator (all basic stuff, but this is a brand new laptop, so now I have more breathing room to try better games) After gaming, there is a weird smell on my hands. It almost smells of propane or a gas, and cheese. Its weird. Now don't go saying what a lot of people think it might be, trust me i've considered it and ruled it out. Just don't.

Is it the mouse? The keyboard? Im considering getting a Corsair K70 RGB with MX blues, so that may be a solution...

Does anybody else have this issue? My hands generally don't sweat that much but its a possibility. I guess you never know (^ _ ^)

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Sweat combined with left overs of whatever you ate that stuck to your fingers (not necessarily visible to you). :)

It's lotion..

(Seriously though, it's probably from the mouse. I think MadCatz mice are made of plastic..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sweat combined with left overs of whatever you ate that stuck to your fingers (not necessarily visible to you). :)

I wash my hands after I eat usually every time...

It's lotion..

(Seriously though, it's probably from the mouse. I think MadCatz mice are made of plastic..)

Most mice are plastic, but the Rat Pro X is boasting 'magnesium alloy' construction if thats true or not idk

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

I wash my hands after I eat usually every time...

Most mice are plastic, but the Rat Pro X is boasting 'magnesium alloy' construction if thats true or not idk

Oh, I thought you had a MadCatz mouse. I don't really like them, because they are made of very thin and cheap feeling plastic.

Do you wash your hands with soap? Because otherwise there might be some food left still

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Oh, I thought you had a MadCatz mouse. I don't really like them, because they are made of very thin and cheap feeling plastic.

Do you wash your hands with soap? Because otherwise there might be some food left still

Yeah I use soap

The Rat Pro X doesnt look like it has much plastic, except for the back at the 'palm rest' area

"odd smell from hands" less fapping maybe?

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty 

On my way out the door and no time to read the OP, but wanted to jump in and say this thread title is the best I've ever seen :P

Holy Balls! Its the supreme ogrelord!

On my way out the door and no time to read the OP, but wanted to jump in and say this thread title is the best I've ever seen :P

Wow, now that you mention it, it does sound disturbing xD

Yeah I use soap

The Rat Pro X doesnt look like it has much plastic, except for the back at the 'palm rest' area

Do you have nails? Could it be stuck underneath them? Or maybe it's stuck to the keyboard/mouse or inside the keyboard so when the laptop heats up the smell starts to appear?

I suggest using a tissue b4 you splurge

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Wow, now that you mention it, it does sound disturbing xD

Do you have nails? Could it be stuck underneath them? Or maybe it's stuck to the keyboard/mouse or inside the keyboard so when the laptop heats up the smell starts to appear?W

Well I do have nails...

I suggest using a tissue b4 you splurge

Did u read the OP?

Did u read the OP?

Yeah I did, possibly from peripherals da da da da da.

Trying to be funny <3

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Yeah I did, possibly from peripherals da da da da da.

Trying to be funny <3

U lika do da pump pump lel m8

Do you use a mousepad?

not all the time, but usually, yes. Sometimes I use my dining room table and that actually is a really good tracking surface

just gotta do dis: #pray4rumble

not all the time, but usually, yes. Sometimes I use my dining room table and that actually is a really good tracking surface

Would you happen to know if your mousepad has a bad smell? My new mousepad makes my hand smell like absolute shit after about 5 minutes of using my mouse on it.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Would you happen to know if your mousepad has a bad smell? My new mousepad makes my hand smell like absolute shit after about 5 minutes of using my mouse on it.

Yeah, ive checked that out and its not that, that is one of the things I looked into

"odd smell from hands" less fapping maybe?

frak frak frak frak frak lel jk bruh