I don't understand why DayZ is always a Top Seller on Steam

Bloodyvalley

People like to lose their in game items?

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

maybe it's for the hackers or the awful community

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I don't either. The game is terrible still and other games are looking to leave it in it's own dust. The mod for Arma is so much better than the stand alone, even though it has a few glitches that the stand alone doesn't. 

It still baffles me. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It seems like a lot of fun if you love the idea of that type of survival game. Unfortunately people don't do any research before they buy a game that was too ambitious for the people behind it to manage (I take that back, I think everyone knows what the game is, I guess they just don't care about what state it's in). Honestly, I would rather have a 2D top down, or even a text based survival game over dayZ if it meant that the core idea of it was executed perfectly.

The game is Early Access AND it's pretty much a running simulator... WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE LIKE IT???

its fun with friends

I dont enjoy standalone as much as Epoch for the mod, but its slowly improving!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's not finished, so of course it's not really that good as of now. But an intensive NW airfield fight is pretty intense, especially if you manage to take out a squad alone...

First iteration of a vehicle has just been implemented and it's starting to look good!

So, it's a matter of time before the running simulator part dies off, and we can stick with the good stuff :D

When in doubt: C4

One reason really. We never had a proper zombie survival game with all free roam / realism / fun aspect etc...

And i dont expect dayz to spawn 50 zombies at one place, or already hindered performance will just bit the dust.

Warz is also fail.

its fun with friends

I dont enjoy standalone as much as Epoch for the mod, but its slowly improving!

The game honestly feels worse than the mod did, mechanics wise.

Zombies detect you from stupidly far away, through walls even though you make no noise, etc. It wasn't that bad before.

The game honestly feels worse than the mod did, mechanics wise.

Zombies detect you from stupidly far away, through walls even though you make no noise, etc. It wasn't that bad before.

not played standalone for ages so not sure

been playing Epoch building a big base :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I prefer the mod, and even then, I wouldn't go out and buy it. It's not my type of game, I like games where stuff happens a lot, not where I have to walk for 30 mins to find a village that may or may not have people in it.

I prefer the mod, and even then, I wouldn't go out and buy it. It's not my type of game, I like games where stuff happens a lot, not where I have to walk for 30 mins to find a village that may or may not have people in it.

and then kill them.

zombie survival. GG :D

and then kill them.

zombie survival. GG :D

If I wanted to kill, I'd play CoD

not played standalone for ages so not sure

been playing Epoch building a big base :D

Might have to see what that is. Never heard of it.

I play Rust as my survival game.

I have absolutely no interest in Euro Truck Simulator and Star Citizen, yet loads of people play them.

Different people have different taste. Weird as fuck, right?

That's different

AND WHAT???????????????????

I have absolutely no interest in Euro Truck Simulator and Star Citizen, yet loads of people play them.

Different people have different taste. Weird as fuck, right?

Yes. Yes you are.

It's wouldnt surprise me if publishers are paying steam to be on top sellers. The system is corrupt.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

It's wouldnt surprise me if publishers are paying steam to be on top sellers. The system is corrupt.

System = Valve btw :D I doubt it.

But i dont doubt that people buy DayZ.

Might have to see what that is. Never heard of it.

I play Rust as my survival game.

never really got into rust, I just dont enjoy it

never played it ... would anyone mind explaning me the hype surrounding it 

The interesting part are that other players really make it tense, for example in the Epoch mod I play, you might have spent hours gathering resources to build a base,  and buying lockable cars (the keys on your body) etc 

You see another player, are they friendly? there to help? will they rob you of your stuff

Sometimes you meet players that need help and they can cross you, or turn on you 

its an interesting dynamic not often seen in other games

never really got into rust, I just dont enjoy it

When did you play it last?

When did you play it last?

I dib in and out every few weeks, I just dont like it really, I prefer DayZ myself