FX 4300 Not good enough for Batman Arkham Origins

Guest Console Peasant
Go to solution Solved by Faa,

Unfortunately for you I actually do know quite allot about computer hardware and am learning a bit more almost each and everyday. I also have the common sense to not spend money on the AMD FX line of CPUs which is allot more sense than many PC users have LOL. Have a good night man.

Well, just be constructive, don't just yell here "AMD sucks lololol, Intel better". Prove your points, make some valid arguments, be detailed, earn the credits you have to deserve and then you have the right to bash AMD. There's nothing wrong with bashing AMD, if that's all you do without being constructive then it's trolling - the right place to do that would be youtube. Most people just link a benchmark or two and compare the prices between AMD & Intel and it's always Intel offering a better value as most people here are gamers. Start off with accepting your mistakes, cant exactly remember what you've been saying way before you bought the i5 but it was completely wrong. Just do what I said and only die-hard AMD fanboys will hate you here for hurting them with the truth.

That game ran on my phenom II so its probably not the cpu.

It ran on my old Phenom II as well just not perfecly. A simple upgrade to Intel and the game runs perfectly.

that game run's on a potato really it require almost zero processing power, the FX CPU is not the cause for bad performance here.

Really cause on my Phenom II x4 955 OCed it did not play perfectly cause of the CPU. A simple upgrade to an Intel CPU rectifiyed the problem.

Really cause on my Phenom II x4 955 OCed it did not play perfectly cause of the CPU. A simple upgrade to an Intel CPU rectifiyed the problem.

played the entire game at above 80FPS consistently with my old core 2 Q6600 and HD7950 GPU...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

played the entire game at above 80FPS consistently with my old core 2 Q6600 and HD7950 GPU...

Ya that's an Intel CPU you played on LOL it's better than some AMD shit LOL !

Ya that's an Intel CPU you played on LOL it's better than some AMD shit LOL !

it's not any better than an FX-4300 that's for sure as i've tested both and the AMD FX is superior due to higher clockspeeds...batman is just not a cpu demanding game and the FX is not supposed to struggle running it that's all i'm saying.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

it's not any better than an FX-4300 that's for sure as i've tested both and the AMD FX is superior due to higher clockspeeds...batman is just not a cpu demanding game and the FX is not supposed to struggle running it that's all i'm saying.

Clocks speeds mean nothing. Bulldozer sucks and you can't refute this fact. AMD is fail as of late. Phenom II was AMDs last hurrah !

Clocks speeds mean nothing. Bulldozer sucks and you can't refute this fact. AMD is fail as of late. Phenom II was AMDs last hurrah !

just quit.

just quit.

Whaa whaat you mean like AMD ? no thanx !

Whaa whaat you mean like AMD ? no thanx !

you're just plain being stupid now kidd, ENOUGH!

In your sig.

" Motherboard: Asrock 960GM (U3S3/FX)  RAM: 8GB Team Elite 1600Mhz + 4GB Samsung 1333Mhz"

So what you are saying is that you put an FX cpu on a garbage board with the wrong chipset(760G), 2 different ram makes and models with low speed, and you say your having problems.

You dont say....

Guys its not like the game doesn't run at 60 at all, it does, it's just it drops down to 45-50 when in fight scenes, which I don't expect from batman games.

Reguaring priller, how can I check if the ram is a bottleneck? and how can it be the wrong chipset?

Guys its not like the game doesn't run at 60 at all, it does, it's just it drops down to 45-50 when in fight scenes, which I don't expect from batman games.

Reguaring priller, how can I check if the ram is a bottleneck? and how can it be the wrong chipset?

FXs were made to run on 970 and 990 chipsets. Some of the older 890s do but that is only on select boards with typically a beta bios.

You see really good gains from going from 1333 to 1600 and from 1600 to 1866 you still see gains but not as much. You would need 2 sticks of ram to confirm this.

FXs dont put up the ram speed that Haswells do but they like a bit of speed with lower latency. Between 1866 CL 8/9 to 2133 CL9/10.

FXs were made to run on 970 and 990 chipsets. Some of the older 890s do but that is only on select boards with typically a beta bios.

You see really good gains from going from 1333 to 1600 and from 1600 to 1866 you still see gains but not as much. You would need 2 sticks of ram to confirm this.

FXs dont put up the ram speed that Haswells do but they like a bit of speed with lower latency. Between 1866 CL 8/9 to 2133 CL9/10.

Well how can I check if it's the bottleneck?

Well how can I check if it's the bottleneck?

Go from 1333 to 1600 etc.

The best ways would be to run Cinebench R15 and BF4.

Do you have two sticks of the 1600mhz ram in your sig?

Go from 1333 to 1600 etc.

The best ways would be to run Cinebench R15 and BF4.

Do you have two sticks of the 1600mhz ram in your sig?

Ram speed will not turn a slow CPU into a beast. Ram is not the bottleneck the CPU is.

Ram speed will not turn a slow CPU into a beast. Ram is not the bottleneck the CPU is.

No but it can make quite a difference in certain cases. There is a thread on Hardforum where some report better FPS while others dont.

no phsyx, cpu usage on 100% (hwinfo osd)

Then your CPU is bottlenecking. I wouldn't bother moving your ram up to 1600MHz, waste of time, won't give you any performance. The 4670K is easily twice as fast and anything AMD offers is the same bottlenecking garbage.

No but it can make quite a difference in certain cases. There is a thread on Hardforum where some report better FPS while others dont.

Even in a best case situation the FX 4300 is a fail of a CPU and wont offer decent performance for running games and mostly anything else.

Then your CPU is bottlenecking. I wouldn't bother moving your ram up to 1600MHz, waste of time, won't give you any performance. The 4670K is easily twice as fast and anything AMD offers is the same bottlenecking garbage.

Well said my friend very well said.

Well said my friend very well said.

haha yeah but the difference between the two of you is that @Faa knows what his talking about and you, well...you are just trolling and cheerleading for intel now ;)

haha yeah but the difference between the two of you is that @Faa knows what his talking about and you, well...you are just trolling and cheerleading for intel now ;)

Unfortunately for you I actually do know quite allot about computer hardware and am learning a bit more almost each and everyday. I also have the common sense to not spend money on the AMD FX line of CPUs which is allot more sense than many PC users have LOL. Have a good night man.

yeah you to...take a good rest theres a whole new day of cheerleading tomorrow...and i heard the FX won't be any better than they we're today ;)

yeah you to...take a good rest theres a whole new day of cheerleading tomorrow...and i heard the FX won't be any better than they we're today ;)

No they will be even older and slower tommorow LOL. AMD CPUs are now obsolete to me LOL. If AMD ever comes out with a new CPU that ends up being an all around powerhouse and gamer delight then I will be all over it like flys on shit. Until then it's Intel Master Race.

Well, just be constructive, don't just yell here "AMD sucks lololol, Intel better". Prove your points, make some valid arguments, be detailed, earn the credits you have to deserve and then you have the right to bash AMD. There's nothing wrong with bashing AMD, if that's all you do without being constructive then it's trolling - the right place to do that would be youtube. Most people just link a benchmark or two and compare the prices between AMD & Intel and it's always Intel offering a better value as most people here are gamers. Start off with accepting your mistakes, cant exactly remember what you've been saying way before you bought the i5 but it was completely wrong. Just do what I said and only die-hard AMD fanboys will hate you here for hurting them with the truth.

Well, just be constructive, don't just yell here "AMD sucks lololol, Intel better". Prove your points, ...

Oh I was unaware that Intel being the better CPU had to be proven as I was under the impression that this was unanimously consider fact by the professionals and anyone with a fuctioning brain LOL.

Just do what I said and only die-hard AMD fanboys will hate you here for hurting them with the truth.

LOL

Bottom line though, this is all great fun but the op having a hard time running batman on an FX-4300 CPU it's not the CPU' fault i have played that game and it's really not cpu intensive at all a core 2 duo would run this butter smooth so there's got to be something else causing is issue.

OP if you've read this far make sure your AMD Chipset driver is correctly installed...at first when i got my FX i had issues and this was causing it...once i installed this it went much better.