Which SSD to choose!?! Help me

iseeyou....O.O

There's so many SSD and so little time which one to choose!?!!

I'm looking to get a 120-128gb SSD starting off then upgrading to a higher one in the future so which SSD is good,great,better?? Bestest? O.o

The brands I named off or?? What do you think tell me tyvm!!!

1.ADATA

2.KINGSTON

3.apotop

4.sandisk

5.samsung

I've decided to put abit more cash into a SSD to get a 250gb 840 evo samsung what do you guys think???

ADATA and Samsung are the most popular. I would suggest Samsung for pure speed, while ADATA for better price. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Judge the ssd by the series and not the entire brand. 

Each brand has a variety of different lines of ssds.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've had the best luck with the Samsung 840 Series, and I had a ton of trouble with some Kingston HyperX 3k drives.

My Build

- i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI z87m Mobo - 16Gb 1866MHz RAM - MSI R9 290 - Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb - 2 x 1Tb WD Blue - CX600m - H55 AIO cooler - Fractal Node 804 - Lg 25um64-s Ultrawide screen monitor -  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/colec18/saved/9FKXsY

1. Adata is great for the most part (some of their SSD's are pretty slow though).

2. Kingston is decent excluding their V300 series (STAY AWAY FROM THE V300)

3. Never heard of em

4. Their Sandisk Ultra II is good.

5. Samsung's SSD's are very good as well (for the most part).

My top two are Crucial MX100 and Samsung 840 Evo, I recommend you get whatever is cheaper.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

1. Adata is great for the most part (some of their SSD's are pretty slow though).

2. Kingston is decent excluding their V300 series (STAY AWAY FROM THE V300)

3. Never heard of em

4. Their Sandisk Ultra II is good.

5. Samsung's SSD's are very good as well (for the most part).

Tyvm!

My top two are Crucial MX100 and Samsung 840 Evo, I recommend you get whatever is cheaper.

Not really sure, but if you're just using it as a boot-drive...you're probably fine with any of them.

Not really sure, but if you're just using it as a boot-drive...you're probably fine with any of them.

Yes mainly for OS but what else would benefit from being on a SSD?

Judge the ssd by the series and not the entire brand.

Each brand has a variety of different lines of ssds.

I changed my mind to put abit more cash in it to get a 250gb 840 evo samsung what do you think??

I changed my mind to put abit more cash in it to get a 250gb 840 evo samsung what do you think??

The 840 Evo is an excellent drive but might not be worth the extra money over cheaper alternatives depending on pricing. 

It would help to link us to where you're shopping.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Try looking at the Crucial MX100. Price to performance ratio wise, this would come out on top against the Samsung 840 Evo. It might not be strictly better but at it's price, it's much worth it. Get the 256gb capacity, you will never regret it. :)

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

The 840 Evo is an excellent drive but might not be worth the extra money over cheaper alternatives depending on pricing.

It would help to link us to where you're shopping.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/w8Q8yc

This samsung 250gb SSD. 840 evo or? What do u think?

Try looking at the Crucial MX100. Price to performance ratio wise, this would come out on top against the Samsung 840 Evo. It might not be strictly better but at it's price, it's much worth it. Get the 256gb capacity, you will never regret it. :)

If you had the extra cash would u stay with crucial 256gb one or go with the 250gb samsung one?

I would probably get another Crucial MX100 just for the lols. Seriously though, I'd rather by two of the MX100.

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

I would probably get another Crucial MX100 just for the lols. Seriously though, I'd rather by two of the MX100.

What if you could only choose samsung SSD or death!? Which one?

Samsung!.. No! Death!.. No! but seriously though, I don't get your question...

Samsung!.. No! Death!.. No! but seriously though, I don't get your question...

What else would benefit from a SSD other then OS? could mmorg games benefit being on the SSD like wow?

What else would benefit from a SSD other then OS? could mmorg games benefit being on the SSD like wow?

A ssd makes the entire system more snappy and responsive when you install your programs. It can help loading times when it comes to games but otherwise wouldn't affect performance.

A ssd makes the entire system more snappy and responsive when you install your programs. It can help loading times when it comes to games but otherwise wouldn't affect performance.

So a huge SSD isn't worth it all too much when mainly just putting the os on it ? And how do I make the system

Start up from the SSD?

So a huge SSD isn't worth it all too much when mainly just putting the os on it ? And how do I make the system

Start up from the SSD?

It makes a huge difference to install both your programs and os onto the ssd. It also helps to install slower loading games onto the ssd if there's space. Larger ssds tend to perform better. 
The OS has to be installed on the ssd. 

It makes a huge difference to install both your programs and os onto the ssd. It also helps to install slower loading games onto the ssd if there's space. Larger ssds tend to perform better.

The OS has to be installed on the ssd.

What if I put my SSD as the " primary" harddrive ? Does that matter or?...

What if I put my SSD as the " primary" harddrive ? Does that matter or?...

The primary drive is whichever drive the OS runs off of.

The primary drive is whichever drive the OS runs off of.

Oh ok I didn't know that tyvm