How do I get this Tiamat button to work?

Sdot

Hello guys, i am unable to use my Razer Tiamat 7.1 button to seamlessly switch from headset to speakers. Originally I was using DVI which does not carry sound so this setup worked. Now I am using display port which does carry sound.

Can anyone tell me how to set this up again so that I can use the button to easily switch the sound back and forth between the headset and speakers.

http://imgur.com/dC24MJL

On your PC, get to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Manage Audio Devices and change it to your headphones.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

On your PC, get to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Manage Audio Devices and change it to your headphones.

I hear from the headphones but I don't get audio when I switch to speaker mode.

What did you change in the setup? Just changed the DVI cable for a display port?

Exactly.

Exactly.

And the speakers are still connected to the Tiamat's little doo-dad? Something's not right if so....  :wacko:

And the speakers are still connected to the Tiamat's little doo-dad? Something's not right if so....  :wacko:

Well it is an aux cable that goes from the back of the monitor to the Tiamat doo-dad. the computer knew to pull audio from it when it was connected through DVI because DVI has no audio but now Idk.