IT'S FINALLY HERE! Corsair Announces the Carbide 100R Case! Also, new AIO liquid cooler inbound.

Bloodyvalley

I've got the 300R and it actually isn't a bad case. This one looks nice and might be a good option for a build my brother plans to do soon

So.. I don't hate the case. Not at the top of the list for suggestions but it might deserve a space up there.

On the one hand, comparing a full price 100R right after release to a 200R or 300R etc long after release with all the competition and discounts is dubious because you can expect the 100R to decrease in price as Newegg and Amazon etc begin compete with each other.

On the other hand, who cares if the 100R will get some discounts at some point after release. Right now the price isn't that much different to the 200R etc. The current price is the price that matters.

At least $50 doesn't seem too expensive. I can't wait for the cost-cutting measures to be identified in reviews of the 100R, but for now it seems like a pretty decent budget option. Looks good enough. Nothing incredible. Doubt there's any real innovation.

No top dust filters/top fan covers. Only 120mm rear fan (poor air CPU cooler compatibility). Yeah, really not an impressive case.

Saw a video on YouTube about these cases. Corsair George said they are functionally the same as the spec 01 just with a different look and the new silent version. Still looks great for 50 bucks

It's a Corsair Spec-01 with a different front panel so the price shouldn't be a surprise. I do own a Spec-01 though and it's a really good case for the price.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Clean, reserved and cool. Not bad for $50.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates