No hard drive bays...

rhysman2000

Okay, so when I was building my PC I needed to fit my CPU cooler's radiator into the case but unfortunately CM Nepton 140 XLs don't fit in Corsair SPEC-01 REDs -_- (Thanks PCPartpicker)

I thought of ways around this, nothing. But then I realized that I could take the drive bay out and put the rad there instead (I could do this since I was only installing an SSD). So I tried to unscrew the bay, and I got most of the screws out. But two screws wouldn't come out. Long story short, I tore out the drive bay out and put the rad there like I had planned. I'm now adding a HDD because the SSD was only 120GB. Where should the HDD go?

It's a WD 1TB GREEN, and I have some sticky adhesive that I could use if that would work.

• Intel i5-4690K | MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX | Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) | MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR | Corsair SPEC-01 RED | Intel 520 Series Cherryville 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA 600B 600W | AOC e2050Swd 60Hz 19.5" Monitor | Cooler Master Nepton 140XL

Okay, so when I was building my PC I needed to fit my CPU cooler's radiator into the case but unfortunately CM Nepton 140 XLs don't fit in Corsair SPEC-01 REDs -_- (Thanks PCPartpicker)

I thought of ways around this, nothing. But then I realized that I could take the drive bay out and put the rad there instead (I could do this since I was only installing an SSD). So I tried to unscrew the bay, and I got most of the screws out. But two screws wouldn't come out. Long story short, I tore out the drive bay out and put the rad there like I had planned. I'm now adding a HDD because the SSD was only 120GB. Where should the HDD go?

It's a WD 1TB GREEN, and I have some sticky adhesive that I could use if that would work.

I think sticky tape is the only way really. Is it possible to put the cage back?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Is it possible to put the cage back?

It's in two pieces :/

• Intel i5-4690K | MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX | Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) | MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR | Corsair SPEC-01 RED | Intel 520 Series Cherryville 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA 600B 600W | AOC e2050Swd 60Hz 19.5" Monitor | Cooler Master Nepton 140XL

You can get 3.5" to 5.25" adapters.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

A free option if you're wondering would be to suspend it on elastic somewhere in your case.

20100719_002.jpg

This solution is better than most of these 5.25" adapters because it's noise-dampened, so your hard drive won't be making much noise at all.

Of course it's ghetto, but worth it. I would recommend (like the image above) suspending it in your optical drive bay.

Compatible with Windows 95

Hey rhysman2000,

As the guys suggested, you could get a mounting kit and put it in the 5.25" bay.
I wouldn't recommend putting it on top of other parts due to vibrations and potential heat problems. Also using tape might end in the drive falling off (heat makes the tape loose over time) and you could face data corruption. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/