Will Pirating Electronic Become A Thing?

AndThenThereWas1

I find this to be great!

I have quite a few projects that I would like to have a PCB printed for instead of a messed of solder and wires.

At a certain point, this kind of "piracy" becomes "micro manufacturing" and simply makes the idea of a traditional corporation, and in fact the idea of an "economy" obsolete.

It's called The Replicator, from star trek. Why would we need money, or a traditional economy, when we can just make everything we could ever need, from home, from recycled matter?

Where will the designs and innovations come from you ask? See:

the Open Source Movement

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I actually like the Idea of printing your own pcbs, brings technology forward :3

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Meanwhile the electronics industry is looking into ways of replacing current technology because its pretty much maxxed out.

By the time this is relevant it will be redundant, at least for consumer grade electronics.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It will probably be something someday, but I would imagine though you would only be able to do it with "simpler"/retro electronics.
Let just say in 50 years 3D printing becomes the way of manufacturing everything. The 3D printers companies use will probably be magnitudes better than anything you could buy for home use, and everything will probably be designed with a factory grade printer in mind.
Its like rendering a Pixar movie, even if you somehow got all the files to do so, you just aren't going to be able to render that using your consumer grade technology.

At a certain point, this kind of "piracy" becomes "micro manufacturing" and simply makes the idea of a traditional corporation, and in fact the idea of an "economy" obsolete.

It's called The Replicator, from star trek. Why would we need money, or a traditional economy, when we can just make everything we could ever need, from home, from recycled matter?

Where will the designs and innovations come from you ask? See:

the Open Source Movement

Economy will take a huge hit and will have to change if replicators are invented but it won't disappear since you still need the raw materials and recycling the stuff around you will only take you so far.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

hmm.. so if this happens my plan will be.

1. Print different parts for a larger printer

2. use the bigger printer to print smaller printer

3. print more bigger printer.

4. sell the smaller printer.

5. ???

6. print mone- I mean profit

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Economy will take a huge hit and will have to change if replicators are invented but it won't disappear since you still need the raw materials and recycling the stuff around you will only take you so far.

For most people, the world economy is taking punches everyday.  It is really more like a shell game at higher levels.  Hide the true trend of the current economic patterns, and show the people a fantastical perception of that economy.  Don't want to rustle too many feathers all at once now.

Edit:  Damnit, off-topic....where's the Global Ecomony Rant thread?

Science moves forward regardless.  Our brains are designed to keep us solving problems.

True, but the days of oligopolies are numbered.

For most people, the world economy is taking punches everyday.  It is really more like a shell game at higher levels.  Hide the true trend of the current economic patterns, and show the people a fantastical perception of that economy.  Don't want to rustle too many feathers all at once now.

Edit:  Damnit, off-topic....where's the Global Ecomony Rant thread?

Science moves forward regardless.  Our brains are designed to keep us solving problems.

Could not agree more.

It will probably be something someday, but I would imagine though you would only be able to do it with "simpler"/retro electronics.

Let just say in 50 years 3D printing becomes the way of manufacturing everything. The 3D printers companies use will probably be magnitudes better than anything you could buy for home use, and everything will probably be designed with a factory grade printer in mind.

Its like rendering a Pixar movie, even if you somehow got all the files to do so, you just aren't going to be able to render that using your consumer grade technology.

Eventually, someone will get hold of one of those "enterprise" grade machines, and use it to build more enterprise grade machines, and sell them for dirt cheap. Otherwise known as a Von Neumann machine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replicating_machine

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I would print myself an EMPIRE. 

1- Get 3d printer

2- print more printers

3- repeat step 2 continuously removing one printer from printing each time

4- use removed printers to print anything valuable (PCs, cars, parts, cocaine,  jewelry, etc.)

5- sell valuable printed items

6- print printing factories

7- print the Trade Federation and begin war

8- print the Cloner's planet Kamino and Jedi Master Syphedias

9- sell Clone army to USA

10- end war

11- Rule the Galaxy

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Guys stop being so amazed it isn't that amazing and it's in almost no way better than traditional PCB manufacturing 

t

kind of ironic how pixar movies are literally rendered with consumer grade technology

When this comes out. Time to print me some extreme i7s, motherboards and gpus.

too bad this will always be irrelevant 

Guys stop being so amazed it isn't that amazing and it's in almost no way better than traditional PCB manufacturing 

t

kind of ironic how pixar movies are literally rendered with consumer grade technology

too bad this will always be irrelevant 

Learn to dream my friend...L2D =).

As more people buy 3D printers the cartridges will get cheaper (like what happened with printer ink). I would expect the prices to drop substantially if 3D printers became as common as normal printers. There is also the possibility of in-home recycling. Imagine being able to take metals and/or plastic you don’t need and just drop them in a recycler that turns them into usable printer cartridges.

Where its still cheaper to buy a $30 printer at walmart that includes ink, than to buy the dual ink refills for $25.

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

A lifetime in a persons life is virtually a millenia in terms of electronics.

I could easily see it happening within 10 years.

Think about it. 20 years ago we hardly had internet or computers at all.

to print a computer? maybe a low power one, not a good one. Think about what were talking about here; the process involved in creating processors, and in the future these will be even crazier processors like 8 nm, is way to complex to be just printed at home by a 3d printer. There are some parts that we will not be able to do this with.

Also the backlash from manufacturing companies would be humongous the second this becomes a possibility, which I'm not saying will make pirating this stuff impossible, but will delay it considerably.

Considering processors are already made through 3D printing like process that is done over so many times. Why not just get the machine that makes processors since its essentially a precise down to the nm 3D printer.

Also the printer is just a 3D circuit board printer, so its a step forward, but not yet transistor making yet.

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

to print a computer? maybe a low power one, not a good one. Think about what were talking about here; the process involved in creating processors, and in the future these will be even crazier processors like 8 nm, is way to complex to be just printed at home by a 3d printer. There are some parts that we will not be able to do this with.

Also the backlash from manufacturing companies would be humongous the second this becomes a possibility, which I'm not saying will make pirating this stuff impossible, but will delay it considerably.

Three years ago(ish) we didn't even have 3D printers. So. Yes, it's entirely possible that in a couple decades we're there.

You're probably too young to fully grasp both the passing of time and the speed of which technology advances.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Not yet it isnt, but who knows what the future holds...