Uni/Portable Rig

TheMightySals

Even thoughas of yet I dont know what I am going to be doing exactly, I know ill be moving around between living spaces, and my laptop really isnt much of a gamer! so to solve all my issues a plan has been devised to construct a mATX pc, light portable and able to handle pretty much anything I throw at it!

Ive gone with the Bitfenix Survivor midi case, its well priced, decent cable manegment, and a nice handle to carry! (though the CM Scout II, size wise would this be any good?)

rest of the componants, open to change

MSI Z77MA g45 £91.99

Corsair Dominator plat either 16(2x8) or 8(2x4) gb £129.99 or £49 ish respectivly

3770k or 3570k, £260 or £170

Silverstone Strider 600W £84.98

saphire HD 7950 £199.99

I already one 2x1TB HDD

and then an SSD boot.

Cooling wise not sure whether for this size i got for h100 or equiv or a decent air cooler, I want some head room to overclock and a pretty neat build inside. im going to go for a black and blue, pretty standard, will probably cable sleeve as well because of being OCD about the whole theme thing!

The two recomendations i really need are to do with the Ram/CPU, will the lower end bottleneck the system or will the rest of the compnants bottle neck the higher spec?

and for the second PCI slot im most likely going to throw another GFX in or either a Sound card or network card in there so it wont be a wasted slot!

not sure where your looking at that motherboard but its £68.99 at ebuyer i dont personally see the value in the platinum ram, 8GB vengeance kit will do nicely and for gaming the 3570k will be sufficient =) oh and that case is ATX not mATX or am i missing something in your post

Its an ATX/mATX case, so not large basically, prices I grabbed a rough price from Overclockers, I was thinkning Plats mainly because they look ballin! not a huge price difference on the 8 gb kits either!

I thought as much with the CPU, however, I forgot to add, it will also be used for CAD and design work! might have been useful to know to begin with!

Its an ATX/mATX case, so not large basically, prices I grabbed a rough price from Overclockers, I was thinkning Plats mainly because they look ballin! not a huge price difference on the 8 gb kits either!

I thought as much with the CPU, however, I forgot to add, it will also be used for CAD and design work! might have been useful to know to begin with!

yeah 3770k and if you got the dolloh then you treat yourself to the plats haha I'd pick up a kit that comes with two sticks doesn't look so nice clumped together in my opinion but not sure how much you'll need for what doing to be honest I'll leave that one to someone else

fastest on 2 sticks for duel channel anyway!