What's the weirdest thing about your PC?

NeatSquidYT

my cpu is the pentium anniversery edition and my gpu is an titan black

Yeah, why?

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

I'm in the process of stepping up to a 980 (No gpu in my system) and had to under clock the processor graphics clock to 1100MHz (-250MHz) just to prevent it from hard locking.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

dying USB ports, DVD rom dead

CPU and GPU card dying and overheating

not amount of dust removal may help

opening up is not an option as the parts are fully sealed

Oh god, it's really starting to die. How impossible is it to open it? No screws or anything?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Call of Duty 2 and 4 refuse to launch while every other game does.

That's not really weird, there could be a factor in it.

Oh god, it's really starting to die. How impossible is it to open it? No screws or anything?

the mobo seems to be just soldered together except the GPU which is using the MXM Module

i do see the heat pipe connecting to the CPU and GPU but the heatpipe itself dont look easy to be removed

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Case has this littlel red handles and i not only have no idea what they are for, but i took one out, couldn't put it back, and i lost it. Avoid watching it or else your eye will start twitching over the missing red handle.

It also has a Sapphire  silver stick, and i have a gtx 970...

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

well mine hasn't blown up yet or gone up in smoke ... that's kinda weird lmao. Cuz lets be honest im pretty hard on computers 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

the mobo seems to be just soldered together except the GPU which is using the MXM Module

i do see the heat pipe connecting to the CPU and GPU but the heatpipe itself dont look easy to be removed

Maybe look for a service manual for your particular model? That might help. Here, give me the model number, and I'll find it. I found a service manual for my laptop, so I can fix the screen tomorrow. Fucking HP, decides to quit on me after only 2 years.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Maybe look for a service manual for your particular model? That might help. Here, give me the model number, and I'll find it. I found a service manual for my laptop, so I can fix the screen tomorrow. Fucking HP, decides to quit on me after only 2 years.

ok Acer TravelMate 5720G with AMD X2500 GPU

the bottom panel allows access most of the parts but to remove the major part like CPU and GPU, need a bigger operation

the RAM and Wifi card are accessable

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

My gaming PC has some odd issues(the one on my profile):

• I cant get the USB 3.0 ports to work, unless if I use my 128Mb flashdrive. I have tried different OS's, drivers, and USB devices, yet my ancient flashdrive is the only thing that works lol.
  • Motherboard coil whine at stock speeds, but not with OC. Not sure how to explain this, other than Gigabyte being cheap lol(The chokes are so bad on this board). Still a great board though.
  • My PSU fan is really freaking loud at full load, but at idle the fan spins so slow that it makes a "clank" sound(because its a maglev fan, and thats what they do at slow speeds).

My Personal PC(basically a bunch of old stuff thrown together):

• No matter what Bios setting I use with my K70(you know the switch on the back), its always in "error" mode lol. This prevents the full n key rollover and ability to disable the Windows key.
  • Has 4 HDD's, but they are only 40Gb a piece. The magical thing is that they are old server drives that were decommissioned due to being "dead", yet a reformat removed all of the SMART errors. Also they are 7 years old(roughly).

My daily driver laptop(Latitude E6530):

• It won't sleep or hibernate, so its left on 24/7 lol. This is due to a jacked up installation of Windows 7

Lastly, my home server:

• CPU fan has died twice, yet the system hasn't reported it(I have it set to light up a LED on the case and make annoying beeping sounds). 
  • The even weirder thing(actually cool) is that when the CPU fans died, the CPU temp only raised 5 degrees. I worked hard on the design, giving it good airflow and redundancy(just weird that ducting can keep the temperature about the same, despite having a dead fan).
  • Also, the onboard NIC LED's light up with no cable inserted(and blink when my PCI-e NIC is active), but turn off when you insert a cable.

Apparently, that's good for air pressure

Well, I made a post about turning the rear exhaust fan on a h440 to an intake and the immediate response was something like "why the hell would you do that". Apparently it was super weird in doing so

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

oh forget my Acer laptop burn its own Acer adaptor, i saw smoke coming from the adaptor and the burning plastic smell

threw it away

now it running on a CoolerMaster 95 Watt Adaptor

The out-of-place blue Logitech g502 mouse on red themed system. It's a great mouse so I just live with it.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

oh forget my Acer laptop burn its own Acer adaptor, i saw smoke coming from the adaptor and the burning plastic smell

threw it away

now it running on a CoolerMaster 95 Watt Adaptor

I think I found  a service manual for it. Though it's quite lengthy, so I would use CTRL+F to find what you need. http://tim.id.au/laptops/acer/travelmate%205720%205320%20extensa%205620%205220.pdf

Mine is naked

post-53148-0-21846000-1420188862_thumb.j

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

My front radiator is mounted with a coat hanger. Because it's really hard to move and I can't get it flush against the front in take I'm using ducktape to help seal the gap. The gap at it's worse point  is like 4cm which is the reason I have push/pull (it was originally meant to be push only).

I cut a bit of the 5.25inch bay out so the radiator would fit (bubble wrap + tinsnips > padded gloves + tinsnips ) & used a coat hanger to mount the radiator (screws were misalligned and their was no way it was going to screw in). Not much progress but just waiting for a few fittings to arrive from overclockers before I tear my current PC apart.

Pcwk0Jj.jpg

Patent pending radiator mounting design

XY9arlK.jpg

Errmerrgerr, the filter shuts  :D.

gWYvIkR.jpg

Put some duck tape in to help the direction of the air go through the radiator. It's less noticeable in person (looks grey on my phone).

sXykGpc.jpg

The 5.25 inch bay that I cut (badly)

If you wanna look at my build log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/273368-watercooled-r5-project-i-totally-overspent-by-accident/#entry3712257

The out-of-place blue Logitech g502 mouse on red themed system. It's a great mouse so I just live with it.

Ikr xD, I have a Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 and Razer Naga 2014 and then I have a blue g502 xD. I just turned off most the LED's and it goes well. When they are all on, it looks.. odd.

First day I built it, I broke the top drive cages and now it rattles like hell. 

It's my one and only secret about this PC. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

This is the weirdest thing I'm sure you've ever heard.....my PC is 7.4 years old! :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

oddly enough, because I got my mobo as a hand me down from my cousin, my mobo is more expensive than my cpu haha.

MSI gaming 5 paired with a pentium g3258.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I've got another one:

Everytime I validate my CPU on CPU-Z, I have to force shut off my PC. Windows just fucks up.

Before anyone says "It's your overclock", I ran a 12 hour stress test in which the highest temp was 68 degrees and it seemed VERY stable