I have no idea what I am doing, please help.

Omihur
Go to solution Solved by menendez1293,

You have to go into Disk Management and format and initialize the disk. To do this, search for the Disk Management application, right click on the disk (Should be Disk 1, since Disk 0 should be the boot disk) and click on new Spanned Volume. 

I'm looking to get a second hard drive installed on my computer, it's plugged in, mounted etc. and I know it is there. But how the hell do I use it? I know this is a clearly amateur hour question but I am so confused as to why it doesn't appear in my list of hard drives on the windows 'Computer' tab. http://prntscr.com/5omohf This shows that there is two there, the one I'm trying to use is the Crucial_CT512 MX100 SSD 1.

I'd appreciate any help you could give, thanks.

look at this guide

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsd/p/disk-management.htm

basically you need to assign the drive a letter and to format the drive

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

You have to go into Disk Management and format and initialize the disk. To do this, search for the Disk Management application, right click on the disk (Should be Disk 1, since Disk 0 should be the boot disk) and click on new Spanned Volume. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

That looks like it's an SSD, not a hard drive...

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

look at this guide

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsd/p/disk-management.htm

basically you need to assign the drive a letter and to format the drive

Wonderful! Thank you both for the help I've now got the second drive :) Thanks!

That looks like it's an SSD, not a hard drive...

Uhh yeah it is but I have a friend who actually knows what he's doing who said he'd "Do it right" in a few days hehe.

Wonderful! Thank you both for the help I've now got the second drive :) Thanks!

Since you got the answer, you should mark it as a solution for others in the future.