What is the most underwhelming/unimpressive piece of tech you own?

First generation Nexus 7 really does not age well and makes it almost impossible to use.

How is it hard to use? Was it usable out of the box?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

My H80i, getting corsair link to work in windows 8 is a huge pain in the ass. I dont even have it installed anymore. I just set the fans to balanced, then uninstalled it.

My HP webcam is a piece of shit, always disconnecting and failing to initialize. Dont buy HP products.

Example: http://www.twitch.tv/criticaljeff/c/3999975

We have a whole thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/284049-awful-experiences-with-hp/ I started, check it out

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

My Alienware x51 is probably at the top spot, then my Beats Solo's.

I am offended. My PC is reliable, plays games well and I can install a 970 whenever needed. It's just a little slow right after boot up

Original Surface RT...Honestly its so bad I wouldn't even give it to my worst enemy.

how is it bad?

I have an old Hwawei y300 That i used as a phone before the Htc m8.

Heaping pile of shit,

It has a shitty battery that used to last 6 hrs then after a few months about 3 Hrs off charge and now it basically doesnt ever charge.

The camera is garbage and takes 5 Mp shots that have very little contrast.

The screen has a resolution of 480*800 with very visible pixels.

"Scratch resistant glass" Not gorrilla.

4 Gigs of Storage With upto 32 Gig expansion with micro Sd.

Slow storage , With like frigging 1 Gig usable for apps or something when clean.

Very weak Chipset

Lastly but not leastly-

512 MB of ram....

This causes a huge amount of Problems.

About 80 MB is avalible after a clean boot.

Often your Ram is too full and keyboard input doesnt show up.

Keyboard input has a Long laggy delay often just giving up and dropping out

Apps take forever to open

Apps will crash

Apps are laggy at best

Home screen is laggy

Pressing lock button takes a few seconds to register or not register. So youl press it wondering if it will ever show, press it again and it basically will flash your screen.

Max like 2 open programs.

Everything takes about 4-20 seconds to registor if the phone goes through a lag spike. Happens often.

But dang , the phone is only $65 CAD

Edit: Speaker faces backwards and is overpowered by a room heater.

But they come with OK earbuds.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

How is it hard to use? Was it usable out of the box?

It was fine out of the box, but as time went on the headphone port died and the wifi is unreliable that it won't connect to a router right next to it. And the slowdowns are ridiculous. And it seems a majority of first gen nexus 7 have these issues.

I have an Onlive console in my possession somewhere. Yeah the tiny microconsole. 

I used to have a Sony Xperia neo L, before my current phone. It was so laggy.. Bought it 2013/12 couldn't remember, but it has 512 MB of RAM..

Then one and a half year later, the touchscreen doesn't work, and to replace the screen have to pay around $100, or so said the customer service... My father gave it to someone though.. Then I got a nexus 5, never heard of the phone ever since.

I have a toy sundial somewhere. the only point of failure is clouds.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Probably my 10$ ONN Walmart Keyboard xD

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

My Nvidia GTX 260(which I used for about 3 years in my main machine because it was the best card I owned)
Huawei U8150

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

The only mobile device I own... A 3rd gen apple Ipod... Its utterly useless. Not only that its the 8GB model.

Probably my 10$ ONN Walmart Keyboard xD

I had one of them but then I got a used razer keyboard for $20 in decent shape.

Not underwhelming, but probably my 120GB SSD. The upgrade is huge when running Windows from it, but constantly shuffling things from it off to the HDD is a pain. I don't have a physical Windows disc, so am not really in a position to move to a bigger SSD until I buy a new OS, which will be Windows 10.

It's a great piece of tech, but don't skimp on the size!

Your third display is 1600x900? My main display is 1600x900 and my second display is 1280x1024 xD

My main monitor is 1080p then I have 3 1280x1024 (paid $15 for the 3) and some crap form of 720p tv

Not underwhelming, but probably my 120GB SSD. The upgrade is huge when running Windows from it, but constantly shuffling things from it off to the HDD is a pain. I don't have a physical Windows disc, so am not really in a position to move to a bigger SSD until I buy a new OS, which will be Windows 10.

It's a great piece of tech, but don't skimp on the size!

I went for over a year with just 1 60GB ssd, no other hdd, nas,external, nothing.... Just imagine that

I went for over a year with just 1 60GB ssd, no other hdd, nas,external, nothing.... Just imagine that

The horror!

When I upgrade I think I'll go for a 500GB SSD. That's comfortably fit the OS, all of my programs and at least 5-10 games at a time, which is more than enough for me. Storing media on an SSD is a complete waste.

SiComputer_ActivaPico_5.jpg

This. My parents bought this 4 years ago because my mother insisted to have something small that would fit on the desk. Bad idea. It was expensive, mounts a mobile core 2 duo with 4gb ddr2 ram and only had a 500gb hdd (which started to have problems last year). We manged to breath some new life into it with an ssd, but recently it randomly turns off under load. It's not overheating and the ram is fine, so it's probably something with the power adapter. Either way my father is pretty disappointed and told me next time he'll build a mid tower no matter what.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My devolo dla adapters which will kick anything out of the internet on random times

not in games though just when my pc is idling or im surfing, whatching yt (very annoying)

and my poor 16:10 hd display which is my secondary monitor :( it starts failing after 7 years now :'(

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

They took forever to upgrade it, but the new one starts at $400 and has Iris Pro graphics, so it's a great machine.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($166.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($58.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $398.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-21 07:02 EST-0500

I'm pretty sure this is much better for the money.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The only mobile device I own... A 3rd gen apple Ipod... Its utterly useless. Not only that its the 8GB model.

If the battery still works your lucky, I didn't use my 4th gen for 3 years and the battery wouldn't charge fully. 9 months later it wouldn't charge at all, and now lives in a stereo dock.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I had one of them but then I got a used razer keyboard for $20 in decent shape.

I would love to get a new keyboard, but I just don't really see the point.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($166.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($58.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $398.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-21 07:02 EST-0500

I'm pretty sure this is much better for the money.

If you are going to use that for gaming (maybe) slap on a gpu and maybe a better psu and you're set!

My Main PC:

I could also make a case for the GTX 770 (especially my own). It has prominent fan rattle and noise at full load, the card coil whines like a pig, it cost me $400 USD at the time, it is starting to show it's weakness in 1080p Ultra gaming and I can't stand the fact that my card is such a poor overclocker.

How about you guys and gals?

What GTX 770 is it?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

If you are going to use that for gaming (maybe) slap on a gpu and maybe a better psu and you're set!

Sure, my point was that it's better value than the mac mini for 400$ :)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*