Why would a driver loading cause my pc to crash?

eBiz
Go to solution Solved by eBiz,

contact the shop or retailer where you bought the mobo

they will help you sort out the RMA process

or contact Asus directly

So just now I was getting ready to leave for Fryes to purchase a new motherboard and before I get in the car I decide to reflash the bios again before I go just to see what happens. I use the "Ez Flash" button on the rear I/O and guess what? It somehow magically allowed me to load the Bluetooth and WiFi drivers and I have complete connectivity with no crashes. Now it's only been like 10 minutes but hopefully it's stable. So I'm guessing somehow the BIOS didn't load correctly the first time? if that makes any sense. Anyway I'm super excited so I just felt I had to tell somebody. Thanks for the help man.

I have been looking for help for a week now and can't seem to get this figured out.

Here is the link to the full story http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/279722-i-cant-install-wifibluetooth-driver/

My issue is that every time I load the wifi/bluetooth driver for my motherboard my computer freezes forcing me to restart. I will eventually get the BSOD that says WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Windows states this is either a corrupt driver or fatal hardware error.

These are the things I have tried so far. I have tried loading the most current drivers from the ASUS website and it still causes the BSOD when I try to download the wifi/bluetooth driver. I have run CHKDSC in the command prompt and it turns up nothing. I have done the memory test and it finds nothing wrong the the ram either.

I don't really know what "corrupt driver" means if I can't even load it. So I guess that it could be the fatal hardware error is my 802.11ac wifi on the motherboard is broken?. Do you guys think that this must be the problem?

Any help or even just advice is greatly appreciated at this point. If you guys think that the issue is the motherboard I will go buy a new one tomorrow. It sucks spending $400 on a new x99 deluxe just for wifi/bluetooth but I have no idea what else to do or who to go to for help.

These are the drivers...

brokencomputer_zpsd5993e53.jpg

Error message

IMG_0940_zps8732d45a.jpg

When loading the drivers off the MB disc this is hwen it crashes

IMG_0938_zpsd54b1224.jpg

I have been looking for help for a week now and can't seem to get this figured out.

Here is the link to the full story http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/279722-i-cant-install-wifibluetooth-driver/

My issue is that every time I load the wifi/bluetooth driver for my motherboard my computer freezes forcing me to restart. I will eventually get the BSOD that says WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Windows states this is either a corrupt driver or fatal hardware error.

I don't really know what "corrupt driver" means if I can't even load it. So I guess that it could be the fatal hardware error is my 802.11ac wifi on the motherboard is broken?. Do you guys think that this must be the problem?

Any help or even just advice is greatly appreciated at this point. If you guys think that the issue is the motherboard I will go buy a new one tomorrow. It sucks spending $400 on a new x99 deluxe just for wifi/bluetooth but I have no idea what else to do or who to go to for help.

These are the drivers...

brokencomputer_zpsd5993e53.jpg

Error message

IMG_0940_zps8732d45a.jpg

IMG_0938_zpsd54b1224.jpg

try downloading the drivers from the website

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

IMG_0938_zpsd54b1224.jpg

never use the drivers in the disc

done it once and it also BSOD my PC

use the latest driver from Asus website

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

try downloading the drivers from the website

I tried that and it still causes the crash. It's every time I load any wifi/bluetooth driver it causes my system to crash.

never use the drivers in the disc

done it once and it also BSOD my PC

use the latest driver from Asus website

I reinstalled windows and loaded each of the most current drivers from the ASUS website. They are all able to load except the wifi/bluetooth driver which causes BSOD.

I reinstalled windows and loaded each of the most current drivers from the ASUS website. They are all able to load except the wifi/bluetooth driver which causes BSOD.

ouch

looks like you found the problem then

sorry you need to RMA the board :(

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Did you get the error message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR?

ouch

looks like you found the problem then

sorry you need to RMA the board :(

Ok that's what I thought. Thanks for the reply. I have never RMAed anything so I was wondering about that. I am imagining that I have to pay to send it in, wait till they find the problem, then send me a new one? Or do they send a new one out immediately or offer a refund?

Ok that's what I thought. Thanks for the reply. I have never RMAed anything so I was wondering about that. I am imagining that I have to pay to send it in, wait till they find the problem, then send me a new one? Or do they send a new one out immediately or offer a refund?

or contact Asus directly

or contact Asus directly

So just now I was getting ready to leave for Fryes to purchase a new motherboard and before I get in the car I decide to reflash the bios again before I go just to see what happens. I use the "Ez Flash" button on the rear I/O and guess what? It somehow magically allowed me to load the Bluetooth and WiFi drivers and I have complete connectivity with no crashes. Now it's only been like 10 minutes but hopefully it's stable. So I'm guessing somehow the BIOS didn't load correctly the first time? if that makes any sense. Anyway I'm super excited so I just felt I had to tell somebody. Thanks for the help man.

Great it work out