I can't install wifi/bluetooth driver?

eBiz

So my current issue is that I reinstalled windows and started loading the drivers on the cd that came with my motherboard. Everytime it gets to the wifi/bluetooth driver the computer freezes. I don't know what to do at this point?

If I start from the beginning, I built this new pc, everything was working perfect. I installed windows for the first time and installed the drivers on the cd with no issues. Once connected to the internet I updated the nvidia drivers downloaded the windows updates. I downloaded steam and orgin and downloaded two games. The PC was perfect at this point. Then at some point it lost internet connection. I didn't think much of this so  I updated the BIOS from version 804 to 1103. I started troubleshooting the intetnet issue and I found out the Broadcom 802.11ac driver was not working properly. At this point I decided to restore the PC to a date when the internet was working. That didn't fix the issue so I decided to lose the games I downloaded and reinstall windows. Now when I try to install the drivers that came with the CD it freezes everytime it gets to the wifi driver. I downloaded the lastest wifi driver from the ASUS website on USB and it still freezes when I try to download it. When this happens I have to restart the PC. One time when I was restarting the pc after the freeze it goes to to the blue screen and says  "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" . I did some troubleshooting after I researched this message which included checking the harddrives for errors and the memory but nothing came up.

The part that I don't get is that everything was working perfectly the first time I installed everything and now it doesn't. Everything is the exact same except I have the latest bios.

I'm using Windows 8.1, ASUS X99 deluxe motherboard, samsung 850 pro ssd.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am so dissapointed this isn't working and can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what to do.

I wouldn't consider myself extremely knowlegable about computers but it my mind I have a few options that may or may not work?

1.) Load the orginal version of the bios that came with the MB and then reinstall windows

2.) Try to load windows on the 4tb WD Red HDD and unplug the samsung ssd

3.) Is there a way to delete windows completly off the ssd? Like to the point that I need to use the product key again to load it up?

4.) Call "Geek" squad or whatever to see if they can fix the problem?

Strange, if your OS is not defective then its unusual for it to act that way. Unless its somehow tied to when you updated your BIOS.

You could try getting a driver that supports the same Hardware ID as your wirelesscard. It may be from a different OEM but it should

still allow you to install the driver and let you connect to the internet. But I would only do this just to test it out.

(I couldn't find a WLAN driver for my laptop thats originally Win8.1 for when i downgraded to 7, HP never released one. But i found a

driver from toshiba that had the same Hardware ID and it worked. But now I use a program called Driver Pack Solution that has a hugee pack

of drivers pre-downloaded in it's directories. It scans your computer and shows you what drivers can be installed.)

- 'YOLO' doesn't exist in the PC World!

Strange, if your OS is not defective then its unusual for it to act that way. Unless its somehow tied to when you updated your BIOS.

You could try getting a driver that supports the same Hardware ID as your wirelesscard. It may be from a different OEM but it should

still allow you to install the driver and let you connect to the internet. But I would only do this just to test it out.

(I couldn't find a WLAN driver for my laptop thats originally Win8.1 for when i downgraded to 7, HP never released one. But i found a

driver from toshiba that had the same Hardware ID and it worked. But now I use a program called Driver Pack Solution that has a hugee pack

of drivers pre-downloaded in it's directories. It scans your computer and shows you what drivers can be installed.)

Thanks for the reply, The Microsoft support technician said the error message WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR means either a corrupt driver or fatal hardware error. The problem seems to be that it's a corrupt driver but if loading the driver causes a crash does that mean it's a fatal hardware error (Broadcom 802.11ac on the motherboard)? I just don't understand why the wifi/bluetooth worked for two days and then decided to not work anymore.

This is what I get when I run windows troubleshooting of the hardware devices.

brokencomputer_zpsd5993e53.jpg

I'm thinking the only way to solve this issue in a speedy way is to just buy a new $400 motherboard right? I will try to contact ASUS to see if they have anything to say but I don't know what to do know or who to go to for help. Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks for responding to my post too.

• 1 month later...

I have this exactly same problem, except that my windows went totally lost.

This keeps popping up around the web, anyone have any solutions for this?  

I have this exactly same problem, except that my windows went totally lost.

This keeps popping up around the web, anyone have any solutions for this?  

Keep my posted if you find a solution. I reloaded the BIOS (1103) and that solved the problem. However I have tried to help opther people by giving them this solution and it didn't work but I would try it if you haven't already.