BF3 & BF4, good "noob" servers?

Jonas_75

Been playing multiplayer for all of two days now lol

Some servers that has the words "for" and "Noobs" in their description aren't very beginner friendly I've noticed.

I'm Private 1st class in BF3, the game I've played about 2hours on, and on one "noob" (hate that word, guess I'm old bordering on ancient in these things) server I got killed within a minute of spawning by the same guy everytime.

Some guy with very high level (don't recall exactly).

I don't see how it's possible to learn a thing that way.

BF4 might be better, I've only logged less than an hour of gametime with that though.

I've got BF3 Premium and BF4 digital deluxe (incl China rising) + dragon's teeth.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro, i5-2500K @ 4.4GHZ, watercooled w custom loop, EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW, 4x2GB 1600Mhz

bf3 servers are mostly abanndoned by the good players, so Id say just join any rush server and youre good.

with bf4 its really not much different. if anything avoid the newb servers as those usually turn into turkeyshoots quickly ;)

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

The best servers for learning/getting good etc are the ones with a skill level/kdr limiter. It allows you to play with others who aren't that great or prefer casual play until normal servers aren't as annoying. Of course there isn't a way to stop 100% of annoying players as some people deliberately drop their skill level/kdr to cause havoc in limited servers but it's better than nothing.

Hope this helps

Some severs are better than others, best way I think is don't join a full server, and play a mix of game modes. Nobody really pays any attention to "noob" servers. To be honest I don't either - I'm no "noob" but I am not a BF4, NinjaXPwiZard. 

I play often on a no explosive metro server. It says no explosives in bold letters on the server browser tag and yet people still insist on using grenades and C4. People can't read and or just don't care about server rules... 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Thanks guys :)

Much appreciated!

I'll keep searching for good servers, it's fun this multiplayer gaming lol, who'd have thought.

Not using any VOIP yet as I use Hifi-headphones (Goldring DR150), but I have installed mumble and done a quick config using our old webcam as the sound input.

Also don't think anything like mumble/TS is needed when playing "all by my lonesome", IE not part of any platoon or anything like that?

Phanteks Enthoo Pro, i5-2500K @ 4.4GHZ, watercooled w custom loop, EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW, 4x2GB 1600Mhz

I don't know how good you actually are with FPS games, but I can usually jump into any game play pretty decently with low rank gear. If you're good with shooting and controlling your shots, I'd recommend joining some 24/7 Operation Locker servers to get your gear ranked up so you can unlock more viable things for your class loadouts.

After that, unless you're playing hardcore, finding a group of people that are casually playing that you can talk to over VOIP communications and playing with them in a Large/Normal Conquest server would probably fit your fancy.

If I were you, I'd really play some Operation Locker and rank up your Assault and Support classes so you can get the big ammo/health packs and the defibrillator, then start playing regular Conquest servers so you can help out your squad.

Here is a screenshot of my "Favorite" servers: http://i.imgur.com/2PyYeg9.png

The NTCC, 24/7 Pistol/Knife/Bow, and 24/7 Operation Locker servers would be your best bet for ranking things up. I personally LOVE the 24/7 Pistol/Knife/Bow server since you can only get better pistols by using a pistol and since everyone is forced to use that(or bow), it's a level playing field so you're not constantly mowed down by machine guns.

If you want to learn how to play the game for the objective then your best bet is finding a teamspeak server and grouping up with some people and learn the ropes.

as far as battlefield goes, having a high rank does not mean a player is highly skiller, and being a high rank does not really mean you have any better gear

the starter guns are just as competitive as some of the later stuff

Just keep at it !!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you throw yourself in the fire, you'll eventually learn.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Been doing that for about an hour and a half now. Playing conquest large.

Some guys are good, respect :)

I started this FPS-stuff about a month ago at age...hmm...let's say I've had my 25th birthday a couple of times ;)

I'm now a private 1st class with 2 stars lol

Don't go into 'noob friendly' servers.  That's just bait for pub stompers to get easy kills.  Don't get held up on servers, just pick one that's full and has the gamemode/maps you want to play and try your best.  You will get better with time, persistence and smart thinking are key.

Good Luck.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

There are some real noob servers though that I don't allow people with high K/D ratio. I noticed this several times when I tried to join a server and was immediately kicked because my K/D was too good. My K/D btw is 1.45 but dunno where the actual line is. Try to read the description of the servers that are labelled as noob servers.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

For Battlefield 3, I play on [uN] NOOBS <3 TDM!~ {UN}UNITEDNOOBS!! because there tends to be an absence of godplayers. Teammates are generally nice, too. For battlefield 4, I found two good ones:  (((NTCC))) Noobs Welcome!! - Fast Points and Rank UP!! and 333 Noobs Welcome!! - Fast Points and Rank UP!!. But the later tends to have the occasional high K/D player. As kreft010 suggested, the servers will generally have a description.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

For Battlefield 3, I play on [uN] NOOBS <3 TDM!~ {UN}UNITEDNOOBS!! because there tends to be an absence of godplayers. Teammates are generally nice, too. For battlefield 4, I found two good ones:  (((NTCC))) Noobs Welcome!! - Fast Points and Rank UP!! and 333 Noobs Welcome!! - Fast Points and Rank UP!!. But the later tends to have the occasional high K/D player. As kreft010 suggested, the servers will generally have a description.

I had the one for BF3 as a favorite actually :)

Tha ones for BF4 I couldn't find, maybe I'm searching wrong.

I got promoted today lol

Corpral II

I've ranked up a bit more :)

But I feel most other players have alot better aim than me. Could be more experience, better mouse(?), that I can't see that well on my current 19" screen connected via D-sub? Still waiting for my 24" IPS screen with DP. The drawback of ordering stuff this time of the year.

Some servers that has the words "for" and "Noobs" in their description aren't very beginner friendly I've noticed.

I'm Private 1st class in BF3, the game I've played about 2hours on, and on one "noob" (hate that word, guess I'm old bordering on ancient in these things) server I got killed within a minute of spawning by the same guy everytime.

Some servers are more aggressive about enforcing rank limits, but as a max rank player in both BF3 and 4 I'm afraid I can't name any specific ones off the top of my head. Understand, however, that how quickly you're killed isn't necessarily related to the player's ranks, but rather their twitch reflexes and how smartly they're playing. I'm an excellent example of play time not necessarily equating to skill. :P

A big part of learning BF games is knowing where to spawn. Both BF3 and 4 allow you to spawn directly on squad members who may or may not be in danger themselves, and it's possible to get yourself killed instantly if you spawn carelessly. Spawning on uncontested objectives is usually relatively safe.

Try playing around with your mouse sensitivity to see what works best for you. Certain types of weapons may be more forgiving than others, as well: specifically slower-firing, harder-hitting weapons with less recoil tend to be easier for new players. Always think about cover and angles of exposure, and play defensively (though avoid camping) when you feel like the enemy team is overpowering yours.

Some servers are more aggressive about enforcing rank limits, but as a max rank player in both BF3 and 4 I'm afraid I can't name any specific ones off the top of my head. Understand, however, that how quickly you're killed isn't necessarily related to the player's ranks, but rather their twitch reflexes and how smartly they're playing. I'm an excellent example of play time not necessarily equating to skill. :P

A big part of learning BF games is knowing where to spawn. Both BF3 and 4 allow you to spawn directly on squad members who may or may not be in danger themselves, and it's possible to get yourself killed instantly if you spawn carelessly. Spawning on uncontested objectives is usually relatively safe.

Try playing around with your mouse sensitivity to see what works best for you. Certain types of weapons may be more forgiving than others, as well: specifically slower-firing, harder-hitting weapons with less recoil tend to be easier for new players. Always think about cover and angles of exposure, and play defensively (though avoid camping) when you feel like the enemy team is overpowering yours.

I've been playing around on the test range, learning to counteract the recoil when full auto.

Using the AK 5C, I used the standard AK 5 when I was in the military about a century ago( it feels like) lol.

Still trying to find a balanced mouse sensitivity, what works fine at close to medium range is harder to use at a bit above medium range, but that could also be the effect of recoil on hitting targets further away.

I've been playing around on the test range, learning to counteract the recoil when full auto.

Using the AK 5C, I used the standard AK 5 when I was in the military about a century ago( it feels like) lol.

The AK 5C is a great weapon to learn with because it's accurate and has a moderate rate of fire with little horizontal recoil. It's vertical recoil is average, but vertical recoil is predictable and relatively easy to control with mouse movements. Firing in short bursts, pulling back on the mouse, and using the angled foregrip can help.

Carbines don't perform that well for longer ranges, though. The AK 5C does better than most, but at 50 meters you're going to need upwards of 6-7 hits to kill an enemy. Try a SCAR-H, DMR, or LMG for those situations. The heavier LMGs in particular (PKP, M60E4, M240B) are accurate, kill in fewer rounds, and have very light recoil if you tap-fire 1–3 round bursts.

The AK 5C is a great weapon to learn with because it's accurate and has a moderate rate of fire with little horizontal recoil. It's vertical recoil is average, but vertical recoil is predictable and relatively easy to control with mouse movements. Firing in short bursts, pulling back on the mouse, and using the angled foregrip can help.

Carbines don't perform that well for longer ranges, though. The AK 5C does better than most, but at 50 meters you're going to need upwards of 6-7 hits to kill an enemy. Try a SCAR-H, DMR, or LMG for those situations. The heavier LMGs in particular (PKP, M60E4, M240B) are accurate, kill in fewer rounds, and have very light recoil if you tap-fire 1–3 round bursts.

Thanks for the advice, it's grately appreciated :)

I don't have any upgrades avaiable, yet, for the AK 5. I've used the AK-12 for the majority of my gaming as assault.

From memory I can say that the AK 5's mag does not last as long on full auto in real life, and that it is very accurate. We used a training range with 300m to the targets(you had a monitor on your side showing hits and the targets were made from self-healing material so to speak), it was not that hard getting a decent grouping of the hits in single fire mode from that distance. I was the best shoot in my platoon, but as I need glasses I was never able to get sniper training( I would have otherwise according to my commanding officer).

I did however get a chance to try the PSG-1, the sniper rifle, I managed to put a hole in a coin at 300m, still have the coin :)

I would not get the kind of sniper training that had let me use that sniper rifle though, but I would have gotten an AK 5 with a scope. But you can't have a platoon sniper that can't see s***t if he loses his glasses can you lol

From memory I can say that the AK 5's mag does not last as long on full auto in real life, and that it is very accurate.

Yeah, in reality you're probably using the same 30-ish round magazine, yet you're trained to fire in a much more disciplined way. Those tactics don't work as well in games where you generally need to mag-dump, as even at close range the 5.56 mm weapons in BF4 will take ~3-5 hits to kill an enemy player, depending on how many are headshots. And that considered, BF4 actually has a relatively short time-to-kill among first person shooters.

Interesting to hear your account of your time in the Swedish (I assume) military. Russian and American militaries aren't the only ones with some cool hardware, so I was glad to see the somewhat more obscure AK 5C and CBJ-MS make it into the game.

Yeah, in reality you're probably using the same 30-ish round magazine, yet you're trained to fire in a much more disciplined way. Those tactics don't work as well in games where you generally need to mag-dump, as even at close range the 5.56 mm weapons in BF4 will take ~3-5 hits to kill an enemy player, depending on how many are headshots. And that considered, BF4 actually has a relatively short time-to-kill among first person shooters.

Interesting to hear your account of your time in the Swedish (I assume) military. Russian and American militaries aren't the only ones with some cool hardware, so I was glad to see the somewhat more obscure AK 5C and CBJ-MS make it into the game.

Yeah, 30 rounds/mag. 

No I noticed lol. You have to more or less empty the mag at the target. Time spent in the army is more or less useless when it comes to gaming lol.

The kids who grew up playing games has a huge advantage with finger co-ordination, reaction times etc.

But it's fun to play, I'm over 30, by a few years actually, and I enjoy this type of game. Atleast I recently discovered that I do :)

Yes, the Swedish army. I did 14 months or so, can't remember exactly. Back then it was "mandatory" for males to do I think the minimum was 8 months or so.

Picked up my 24" IPS screen today :) Going from 19" VGA to 24" Displayport 1080p should make gaming even more fun :) I think I'll try the test range first though as I feel I need to adjust to the new monitor when just browsing, YouTube etc lol.

as far as battlefield goes, having a high rank does not mean a player is highly skiller, and being a high rank does not really mean you have any better gear

the starter guns are just as competitive as some of the later stuff

Just keep at it !!

True but as far as recon goes the longer range snipers are handy as maps are pretty big :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

True but as far as recon goes the longer range snipers are handy as maps are pretty big :)

Yeah, those guys really like shooting me from from very far away (in the head of course) lol