'A Future Without AMD' ( High End Market )

KC_Toronto

So I'm catching up on PC history and watching all of Linus' educational vids.

AMD is not doing much to stimulate the high end CPU industry and their flagship GPUs seem to be stressing their engineering talents by forcing their R9 290X to operate at its redline temperature to achieve competitive performance, then their 295X2 requires the consumer to do extensive research before installing it into a system ( power consumption, installation ).

I love AMD's historical impact on the world of computing, and I will stress to buy AMD products when reasonable to support a balanced market environment for the future.

This topic applies to me because I shop in the PC price range that is monopolized by the Intel-Nvidia combination and I don't like to be funneled into one set of choice in shopping.

But ... What is your opinion of the future of high end Prosumer/Enthusiast computing?

ya sadly amd doesnt have the best instructions but for the price id say there much better than intell also their website neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds improvment

Amd really needs to step up their game, or they'll get smushed and just stay in the budget and mid-range stuff....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!