Blue Yeti Pro "not recognized" on PS4

Christopher Chih

As title says. I'm having serious issues with my mic setup. I think this is the best section for me to post since I have audio issues. Have this mic as a christmas gift few days ago. Have a 7.1 HT system and I'm not going for a headset because the doctors said I have medical issues so I can't use any headphones or IEMs for now. I'm trying to get this work and wondering if a 5 pin female XLR to a male USB would work or not. Because I heard some said that the Blue icicle would turn any non driverless professional microphones into a plug and play mic and I can't find the right ports for them. Also, when a 3.5mm jack is plugged into the ps4 controller it cuts off every voices from your friends or every single audio(depending on which option you choose) that comes out from my TV speakers. USB audio devices when plugged into PS4 doesn't cut though. Tried googling them and no answers. Help would be appreciated.

EDIT : Mods please move this to the audio section. Just found out I was on the peripheral section after I posted it. Sorry for my stupidity.

I'm not a PS4 user, so this may or may not help.

On my PS3, the only things that worked for Audio was PS3-branded Bluetooth headsets (such as the one sony sold). I'm not sure how other headphones/mics work for PS4 with the audio jack on the DS4 but just keep in mind that it's probably made for the Mac / Mobile Phone Audio/Mic Combo 3.5mm jack.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

As title says. I'm having serious issues with my mic setup. I think this is the best section for me to post since I have audio issues. Have this mic as a christmas gift few days ago. Have a 7.1 HT system and I'm not going for a headset because the doctors said I have medical issues so I can't use any headphones or IEMs for now. I'm trying to get this work and wondering if a 5 pin female XLR to a male USB would work or not. Because I heard some said that the Blue icicle would turn any non driverless professional microphones into a plug and play mic and I can't find the right ports for them. Also, when a 3.5mm jack is plugged into the ps4 controller it cuts off every voices from your friends or every single audio(depending on which option you choose) that comes out from my TV speakers. USB audio devices when plugged into PS4 doesn't cut though. Tried googling them and no answers. Help would be appreciated.

EDIT : Mods please move this to the audio section. Just found out I was on the peripheral section after I posted it. Sorry for my stupidity.

If you can, use digital optical. The sound will then come out through your TV/Monitor still as well as you being able to use the mic in one place without having to have your pad tied down by the mic. It's the way i do it with my Astro A40's. Digital Optical FTW.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Moved. 

Thanks

Nah. Actually I wanted to know/confirm if the device suggested by you guys here works or not. The link you gave me is a 5 pin female to 3 pin male  :( Also, I just want to get my blue yeti pro to work with the PS4 that's all.

Thanks

Nah. Actually I wanted to know/confirm if the device suggested by you guys here works or not. The link you gave me is a 5 pin female to 3 pin male  :( Also, I just want to get my blue yeti pro to work with the PS4 that's all.

Hmm, I don´t think this is going to work.

Wont work, no driver compatibility, sorry.

Isn't it driverless (The Yeti Pro)?

And wouldn't the issue be input-related (Not familiar with options of getting an XLR connection to 3.5 mm or something.)

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

And wouldn't the issue be input-related (Not familiar with options of getting an XLR connection to 3.5 mm or something.)

Nope. It needs drivers. The only way to use audio stuff on a ps4 is through the optical out.

Everything needs drivers, and when the product doesn't have drivers for a certain OS, it just won't work. 

Everything needs drivers, and when the product doesn't have drivers for a certain OS, it just won't work. 

So basically all PC compatible mics that could work on PS4 have the compatible drivers built in?

And for the OP, I found this:

http://www.radioplaystation.com/blog/the-unofficial-ps4-compatible-accessories-list/

The model indicated, though, is not the Yeti Pro. Just standard Yeti. So your out of luck on that one, considering the diagram above as well.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

So basically all PC compatible mics that could work on PS4 have the compatible drivers built in?

The drivers are included in the console's OS, that is why few devices are compatible with consoles.

In the PS4 case, there is a possibility of using adapters to plug an external mic into the controller 3.5mm jack, but I don't know what kind of adapters would it take to convert the signal from USB to regular mic to the 4 pole 3.5mm connector.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

And for the OP, I found this:

http://www.radioplaystation.com/blog/the-unofficial-ps4-compatible-accessories-list/

The model indicated, though, is not the Yeti Pro. Just standard Yeti. So your out of luck on that one, considering the diagram above as well.

Pretty much, beyond that, it occurred to me that the console would just mindlessly compress the audio stream, making a higher quality mic pointless anyway....

Pretty much, beyond that, it occurred to me that the console would just mindlessly compress the audio stream, making a higher quality mic pointless anyway....

Pretty much. But in the OP's case, it would've been nice to not need to buy an additional piece of equipment. Ah well.

Pretty much. But in the OP's case, it would've been nice to not need to buy an additional piece of equipment. Ah well.

Then he shouldn't have bought a professional-grade piece off equipment to plug into a low end consumer piece of equipment.

There's few hours before the drop closes on massdrop. Does the modmic 4.0 work on PS4? Just need confirmation before I buy them.

There's few hours before the drop closes on massdrop. Does the modmic 4.0 work on PS4? Just need confirmation before I buy them.

ModMic is pointless if you've not wearing headphones - what would you clip it to?

It is compatible if you use a "PC headset adapter" with a 4-pole male plug and dual 3-pole female jacks, one for headphones and one for a microphone.

Then he shouldn't have bought a professional-grade piece off equipment to plug into a low end consumer piece of equipment.

Yet, that would assume that he had already planned to use said mic on all of his things from the beginning, when clearly he simply had the novel idea of using his existing equipment on his new console. The comment assumes way too much far sight on the part of the OP and your assumption may simply be misplaced, seeing as he hasn't proven or shown the intentions he had at the time he bought the Yeti Pro.