Dell U2413 or NEC PA241W-BK

ErickS89

Both support 1920x1200 1+B colors.

I plan on going with 5 monitors in a eyefinity setup and the U2413's pricepoint makes 5x1 affordable, now depending on where you shop I can get the nec at $799 and lower so it's roughly 2-300 more but is it worth the extra money?

Here is basically what I do on a day to day basic.

- Gaming (obvious one)

- Paint in Photoshop and Illustrator and sometimes Coral Painter 11

- 3D modeling

- Cad

Color is important to me and so is the pricepoint, I can go eitherway but if I can save a few greenback's here and there that'd be great! 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

My dad has 2 30 in nec monitors, they are awesome. Dell has worse build quality and will not last as long as the nec monitors. If you have the money to spend, I would recomend the NEC I would love to see a pic when it is done!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

My dad has 2 30 in nec monitors, they are awesome. Dell has worse build quality and will not last as long as the nec monitors. If you have the money to spend, I would recomend the NEC I would love to see a pic when it is done!

I know the 3007wfp had iffy quality but the 3008wfp was good, and I have the 3014 upstairs as well and they're built pretty well.  And, if you're not going to move them build quality isn't an issue for me, color is.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Cheaper yes, but does Nec offer a better value? You're essentially buying 2 dells at the same price after shipping.  I am a graphics artist so this is important that I make the correct choice without resulting in buying both and using the other for other uses like a gaming console hub.

I'm Batman!

My suggestion would be to try and see them in person.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Sadly, these are not sold in stores. 

Well, I've NEVER seen them in stores.. maybe specialty shops for graphics and print maybe...

I'm Batman!

You are comparing a high-end consumer grade monitor vs an entry level professional grade monitor.

Anyway for gaming, the U2413 is overshooting, the NEC one has high input lag, but good response time.
The U2413 comes with 2 pre-color calibrated profiles with report ready to be select on the monitor menu: Adobe RGB and sRGB. However, the calibration is a quick one, and inadequate for professional usages. Beside, a calibration needs to be at least 2 times a month to compensate for the wear level of the backlight and panel for color critical work. NEC monitor, like all pro grade monitors assumes you have a color calibrator, so they don't really bother.

The NEC uses high-grade CFL to output a true white light, giving excellent based for all other colors. The U2413 uses a new backlight technology called GB-LED, which is green and blue LEDs put very close together with a layer of red phosphor to output a white light. The downside of this technology is that the light output is a hint too green. (While LED, the standard tech on lower end monitors, is too blue). The best backlight technology, if you wonder, is RGB-LED, where you have red, green and blue LEDs puts very very close together to output a white light, and you can adjust the intensive of each color to calibrate the white backlight perfectly.
Of course, not cheap.

The ideal monitor for you is the Dell U2410. It has better response time, similar input lag, has game mode to reduce the input lag a bit further, high grade CCFL backlight, 1.07 billion color support. 16:10 - 1920x1200 of course. It's like the monitor fits in between the that you have selected. Sadly, the monitor has been discontinued, so it will be hard to find. This is what I use.

NOTE:
No mater the monitor you pick, for 1.07 billion colors support, you need to use:
-> DisplayPort with no adapters. I don't know about the NEC.. it MIGHT support via dual-link DVI, but the GPU also needs to support it.
-> GPU supporting 10-bit colors (All GeForce 200 series and newer, with DisplayPort, support it. I don't know about AMD, you need to check.)
-> And of course, 10-bit content. All content everywhere is in 8-bit, to fit 16.7million colors monitors, which is the most popular.

I have never tried 1.07 billion color support with my monitor.