Serious question: Why do many PC gamers have to such dbags to anyone who doesn't play PC?

ThatAngryGnome

I've really debating whether this post is worth the hate I'm sure to get, but might as well pull the trigger.

I see two types of PC guys:  

1. The amazing helpful guys (like hot damn, some of the best people you'll meet on the internet)  

2. The ultimate jerks that can't fathom someone playing on a console and must release all the crap they get in their lives to some innocent person on the internet who's asking a question or trying to converse with someone.  

Its a self centered thing to say, but I like to think of myself as a #1 guy more than a number two one as I play both PC and console. To get it out of the way, I have built my own PC alongside PC's for others, and do have much more knowledge than the average person over computers. I watch Youtubers like Linus (obviously), Logan, Paul, Jay, ect... and will and always have a passion for computers.  

It doesn't mean that since I know how a PC functions and have built many in my life that I can't play consoles. I must admit that for many of the games that I play (mainly BF4), the PC experince is better than the console one (probably the biggest benefit that draws me towards PC is mouse and keyboard), although both are acceptable in my books. I can have as much fun on console as much as I do on PC, and I think anyone who has actually played both systems will agree with me. The truth is that the experince isn't as far off as some people tend to make it.  

So why be an a**hole (Trying to follow the CoC)? I don't get it. It only makes the everyone on either side so much more salty and destroys the great vibe created by the actual helpful people on that forum/page. At some point, it kinda just turns into beating a dead horse killed by all the arrogant PC elitist.   

Again, I'd like to point out that not all PC guys are like this, in fact its more of a minority of people who chose to be a**holes. The LTT forum is the best community I've come across, and it pains me to see some elitist who probably played a console some time ago bashing on some innocent console player asking a question or commenting on something.  

EDIT: And KayTees, thank you so much for making a perfect example of the typical PCMustrdRace d*ucebag. And everyone who liked it, knowing that they were wrong and really had nothing to say.

I've really debating whether this post is worth the hate I'm sure to get, but might as well pull the trigger.

I see two types of PC guys:  

1. The amazing helpful guys (like hot damn, some of the best people you'll meet on the internet)  

2. The ultimate jerks that can't fathom someone playing on a console and must release all the crap they get in their lives to some innocent person on the internet who's asking a question or trying to converse with someone.  

Its a self centered thing to say, but I like to think of myself as a #1 guy more than a number two one as I play both PC and console. To get it out of the way, I have built my own PC alongside PC's for others, and do have much more knowledge than the average person over computers. I watch Youtubers like Linus (obviously), Logan, Paul, Jay, ect... and will and always have a passion for computers.  

It doesn't mean that since I know how a PC functions and have built many in my life that I can't play consoles. I must admit that for many of the games that I play (mainly BF4), the PC experince is better than the console one (probably the biggest benefit that draws me towards PC is mouse and keyboard), although both are acceptable in my books. I can have as much fun on console as much as I do on PC, and I think anyone who has actually played both systems will agree with me. The truth is that the experince isn't as far off as some people tend to make it.  

So why be an a**hole (Trying to follow the CoC)? I don't get it. It only makes the everyone on either side so much more salty and destroys the great vibe created by the actual helpful people on that forum/page. At some point, it kinda just turns into beating a dead horse killed by all the arrogant PC elitist.   

Again, I'd like to point out that not all PC guys are like this, in fact its more of a minority of people who chose to be a**holes. The LTT forum is the best community I've come across, and it pains me to see some elitist who probably played a console some time ago bashing on some innocent console player asking a question or commenting on something.

/r/PCMasterrace. ConsoleKillers.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

This thread has been made a billion times before, and I suspect the end result will be no different this time around than the last hundred threads.

Some of them are just trolling for the "lolz" or just like to say it but do not believe in it.

The ones who mean it and attack others with it are Elitists who secretively crave playing a console and the great games it has to offer but doesn't want to risk being ostracized by fellow basement dwellers, err, "PC Master Race". These people, the radical a-holes of the PC gaming community, should just be ignored. Their opinion matters about as much as SJWs—which is, to say, not at all.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This thread has been made a billion times before, and I suspect the end result will be no different this time around than the last hundred threads.

Some of them are just trolling for the "lolz" or just like to say it but do not believe in it.

The ones who mean it and attack others with it are Elitists who secretively crave playing a console and the great games it has to offer but doesn't want to risk being ostracized by fellow basement dwellers, err, "PC Master Race". These people, the radical a-holes of the PC gaming community, should just be ignored. Their opinion matters about as much as SJWs—which is, to say, not at all.

Sorry, I don't browse the console section that much, I didn't know how many other people post the same thing. All what I want to say is that it degrades the PC community seeing these jerks in it.

Yup, I've been wondering the same thing. It's only been getting worse lately. It's sad, really. Heaven forbid should someone enjoy something that they don't agree with.

They're just a bunch of ignorant children.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Because people suck.

If it ain't PC versus Console, it's <Sports team> versus <Sports team>, <Car brand> versus <Car brand>.

Why can't we all just get along?  NWO

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Yup, I've been wondering the same thing. It's only been getting worse lately. It's sad, really. Heaven forbid should someone enjoy something that they don't agree with.

They're just a bunch of ignorant children.

It's been getting worse for a long time now. Not only is it annoying but to me it has gotten detrimental to the community here. I'm seeing myself on less and less here because of the PC elitists and the general sheep that follow whatever Linus and company likes. Fresh opinions and good debates have disappeared from the community and have been replaced by rampant trolling and immaturity. 

Because people suck.

If it ain't PC versus Console, it's <Sports team> versus <Sports team>, <Car brand> versus <Car brand>.

Why can't we all just get along?  NWO

DeVilzzz, I had some sad news for you...

It's been getting worse for a long time now. Not only is it annoying but to me it has gotten detrimental to the community here. I'm seeing myself on less and less here because of the PC elitists and the general sheep that follow whatever Linus and company likes. Fresh opinions and good debates have disappeared from the community and have been replaced by rampant trolling and immaturity. 

Thats exactly my viewpoint! It degrades an otherwise amazing community!

Because we're better.

Honestly though it's probably us who are looking to be better than others. Why do people want to be popular/famous etc? Same reason.

Because we're better.

Honestly though it's probably us who are looking to be better than others. Why do people want to be popular/famous etc? Same reason.

Doesn't mean it's a good thing. Same can be said for such organizations as the KKK and Nazis. I know a bit extreme but the basis of the beliefs are superiority over another population. 

Because we're better.

What tells you console players want to be better or famous? Because they want PC Master Race idiots to stop their Elitist shtako or have gotten sick of seeing it?

My reason: 

graphics don't = better. I think a lot of you people are too hung up on aesthetics to properly judge things.  Who cares if a game doesn't look like the shit when the game is the shit?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That doesn't entitle you to be a complete a**hole.

meh. I don't care about people. 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

What tells you console players want to be better or famous? Because they want PC Master Race idiots to stop their Elitist shtako or have gotten sick of seeing it?

What I'm saying is that people who act like asses to others because they don't play what they want have some sort of mindset that they need to appear better than someone else.

What I'm saying is that people who act like asses to others because they don't play what they want have some sort of mindset that they need to appear better than someone else.

Ah, forgive me for the misunderstanding then.

In that case we can chalk it down to Superiority complexes.

meh. I don't care about people. 

You're being an a** to everyone including PC gamers. I consider myself to be a PC enthusiast (although money has always been an issue for me) more than a console gamer, and that won't change. Watching people like you degrade our community makes many people angry.

You're being an a** to everyone including PC gamers. I consider myself to be a PC enthusiast (although money has always been an issue for me) more than a console gamer, and that won't change. Watching people like you degrade our community makes many people angry.

meh. I've heard that so many times. I only respect people who can understand a rational mindset.

And I would happily destroy this planet. Irrationality just makes me severely annoyed.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

I understand the idea that consoles put a market strain that inhibits the progression of PC gaming in many ways. For example, consoles move more games, so cross platform games should logically get more time and support.  For example, if consoles sell twice as many games respectively than PC, then consoles SHOULD have more time spent on them. However, PC gaming can generate a lot more money in (for example) the hardware market. If game developers don't directly benefit from increased hardware sales, then there's less intensive to invest the same amount of money into PC gaming.

However, consoles also generate additional revenue in the gaming market. I don't know how much they generate compared to how much they take away from PC gaming, but I would imagine that as of now PC gaming benefits from consoles in some ways regardless, and probably benefits the most out of the two in general. I don't know how many super high budget PC exlusive games there are, but I would imagine not many. That's how the market is more or less (super simplified).

Point being, the console vs PC  debate probably has nothing to do with that, but there are legitimate reasons to want Console or PC gaming to stay or leave. But they can both mutually benefit from a change in perspective of the developers and consumers.  In my opinion at least.

p.s.

graphics = better to a degree (for some people) some people play for aesthetics, and good graphics vs bad graphics do make a difference. Good luck reading that important sign with blurred text

I totally understand some of your points. look at the population of console players vs PC players. Look at what companies like Ubisoft did with games like Watch Dogs. But thats nothing that the console players wanted, and theres no point in bashing on them. Doing that just ruins the PC community as well.