Should i buy the Apple iMac 5K with a huge discount?

Go to solution Solved by dacav5fan,

guys the imac 5k is amazing!!! i've bought the i7 4ghz- 4,4ghz boost cpu and the m295x gpu, 256gb ssd and bought 32 gb ram separately (kingston hyper x 1866mhz). gaming is a pain in the ass but editing 4k videos is amazing *___*

hey guys, so i'm not sure if i should buy the new 5k imac. i'm getting a huge discount until the first of january, from 2600€ i ll get it for 1500€. the 3099€ version with the i7 and the 295m graphic card would be 1900€. the point is that it doesn't have enough horsepower for what i need, i'd like to render fhd videos and i'm also into gaming on ultra => for that i 'll have to use my "old " PC. so the only point for getting the imac is to edit photos, but then i also need external storage and so on -.- a lil pain in the ass.

what do u think does the screen justify the costs? (keep in mind the os only shows max 3200x2400 or so)

thx :)

i would get it then sell it. then upgrade ur rig alot.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If you're gaming then I would not recommend a Macintosh at all. Get a Windows based PC instead.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

id get it because its damn beautiful (if you have the money and can spend it on it of course) and not give one crap that its not powerful enough for what you want

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yes! Just go down to 1440p or 1080p when gaming

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

If you're gaming then I would not recommend a Macintosh at all. Get a Windows based PC instead.

the thing is i already have a pretty nice gaming rig for the next 1-2 yrs so the imac would only be for editing pics with photoshop and co

It's good for rendering, you can get the 1900€ i7-4790 model

As if you don't like it, you can sell it.

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Yes! Just go down to 1440p or 1080p when gaming

should i get the i7 version right? and what do u think about the 290m vs 295m card

Buy it, sell it for 2700$ (if there's an apple logo and it's slightly cheaper than new, people will buy it), get your awesome rig :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Absolutely not. The only advantage the Mac has for editing photo's is that it comes with free software. Just build a better PC for the same price, and get some software for windows (or possible linux if you prefer)

Absolutely not. The only advantage the Mac has for editing photo's is that it comes with free software. Just build a better PC for the same price, and get some software for windows (or possible linux if you prefer)

Or this.

Edit: I meant to quote this instead of myself

Buy it, sell it for 2700$ (if there's an apple logo and it's slightly cheaper than new, people will buy it), get your awesome rig  :)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

the thing is i already have a pretty nice gaming rig for the next 1-2 yrs so the imac would only be for editing pics with photoshop and co

You really don't need a Mac to edit photos. Get the Adobe suite on PC and buy a nice display instead of an iMac then.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Yes I would get it.

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Or this.

You quoted and agreed with your own post. :lol: :D

That's gold! B)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You really don't need a Mac to edit photos. Get the Adobe suite on PC and buy a nice display instead of an iMac then.

haha check out my profil ;) i already have a pretty sweet screen ;) but i think u all convincedme to buy it and then resell it;)

i would get it then sell it. then upgrade ur rig alot.

Do this op LOL

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

You quoted and agreed with your own post. :lol: :D

That's gold! B)

WOOPS. lol. Thanks for pointing that out. Time to fix

Very embarrassing. Legit did not realize I did that.  -_-

WOOPS. lol. Thanks for pointing that out. Time to fix

Very embarrassing. Legit did not realize I did that.  -_-

Nah, you actually did it on purpose because that's how awesome you actually are. :P LOL

Nah, you actually did it on purpose because that's how awesome you actually are. :P LOL

No, it was a legit accident. Kinda hungover right now.

At such a discount I'd say it's worth it. I'm not sure on how you'd plan on setting things up but I think the mac would make a wonderful secondary system whether for photoshop or video editing or maybe so you have a nice system for other people to use like idk kids or nieces/nephews or visiting family or friends or  something (i don't know you so you could be basement dweller for all i know ) just to have one I mean, money doesn't grow on trees but if you have the money to spend and at such a discount, I'd do it. 

No, it was a legit accident. Kinda hungover right now.

I'm just messin' with ya.....because I'm cool like that. B) :P

Depends on What you plan to do with a Mac.... If you plan on gaming i would avoid it. While it is possible to install Windows alongside OS X to play some games the specs arent that good for gaming... But if you just want a good pc to edit or work go for it!

hey guys, so i'm not sure if i should buy the new 5k imac. i'm getting a huge discount until the first of january, from 2600€ i ll get it for 1500€. the 3099€ version with the i7 and the 295m graphic card would be 1900€. the point is that it doesn't have enough horsepower for what i need, i'd like to render fhd videos and i'm also into gaming on ultra => for that i 'll have to use my "old " PC. so the only point for getting the imac is to edit photos, but then i also need external storage and so on -.- a lil pain in the ass.

what do u think does the screen justify the costs? (keep in mind the os only shows max 3200x2400 or so)

thx :)

I dont think its going to be worth it especially for what you are doing, upgrade your rig and get a nice monitor.

You already have quite a nice rig, maybe get a 2nd 780ti for a 4k monitor if you need it or so.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Buy like four and sell for a huge profit

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

For 1500€, sure

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers