Why don't companies make monitors with removable bezel?

crystal6tak

I get that company makes monitor with bezel to prevent it from being damaged during shipping and such. But why not make it removable so users can remove it once they get the monitor. This way the monitor isn't at high risk of damage during production and the user gets a complete bezel free monitor. So why haven't they thought of this? Or is it that a complete bezel free monitor is technologically impossible?

This also is bad for the company because of warranty. Whats going to stop a scumbag to lie about there monitor breaking through shipping even though they did it. 

This also is bad for the company because of warranty. Whats going to stop a scumbag to lie about there monitor breaking through shipping even though they did it. 

They ship with the bezel. But the option is there to remove it. They could just make it so once the bezel is removed you lose warranty. 

I would love to have the option but it could be impracticable for the manufacturer

Why? I don't think it'll be any different from current monitors just that the bezel is removable. At least I don't think so since I don't make monitors.

I think the bezels are actually there to help with the backlighting around the edges so that its more uniform. But that's just what i remember reading somewhere. But certainly would be great to have removeable bezels, Would definately make things a lot less risky :)

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Never really understood the point.. I have a surround setup and literally after like 5 minutes of gaming you don't notice the bezels at all -.-

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089