Kodak branded smartphone will be shown at CES

GoodBytes

The camera company, Kodak, has revealed its plans to launch an Android smartphone at CES 2015 which is going to happen next month.

It is part of the company strategy to survive.

kodak-logodee3.jpg

It has been two years since Kodak filed for bankruptcy and has now step out of manufacturing camera and camera films.

It has sold and license a great deal of its patent to stay afloat, and now it will start by making smartphones.

The big focus on the device will be the camera, and it is software. A smart move from the company, as this is their expertise, and not just make cheap Android phones and just be "just another Android phone, with nothing special".

The company says, that it will have "best-in-class image management software and features".

The manufacturing of the phone will be made by a U.K based company: UK's Bullitt Group, known for their CAT B15 Rugged.

Kodak adds that they expect a release in the second half of 2015, with its 4G model.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/kodak-branded-smartphone-to-be-launched-at-ces

I wonder, assuming that the phone is spectacularly good, and decently priced for what it gives you. Will you be interesting in buying it? Or because it has the Kodak name, you will be repulsed from buying it?

Going to wait to judge.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Gonna be interesting to see what they will bring to the market, quite a hard market to jump in as well.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I'd, almost, never buy something only because of it's name (save for few examples).

If they can cram something like: Snapdragon 805, 2/3/4Gb of RAM 16+ Gb of internal storage and 1080p screen (yeah, we don't need more) up to 5.3 inches with their camera, near stock Android, and keep it up with a nice price (500$/450e~) and design (i like Sony's design), and IF i actually had the money, i'd definitely buy it :) Any ruggedness (like that CAT B15) is welcome :)

Oh yeah, they should also put a baller front facing camera, some people like that :)

Kodak will have to do something really different to be able to stand out. 

By the way, I disagree Kodak still has the expertise in modern digital camera field. 

Store all of your data on 35mm film!