(amazon) - Razer BlackWidow Chroma $120

Tocsin_786

it is not cherry, but it is not bad at all. its the chroma version that can change into all the colors of the rainbow. 

http://amzn.to/1vypdPf

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Rather save a bit more and get a K65/K70/K95 RGB board with decent keys.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

it is not cherry, but it is not bad at all.

THE SWITCHES SUCK B*LLS!!!!!!

Wouldn't buy it if it were $100.

He knows what's up.
Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I am getting seriously fed up with America constantly getting these great offer and the UK getting jack all.

my house has a good sized guest bedroom :)

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

THE SWITCHES SUCK B*LLS!!!!!!

Wouldn't buy it if it were $100.

He knows what's up.

You're nitpicking, yes they are worse but they are not extremely noticeable. You hate the key switches because someone else hated them, form your own opinion with evidence please.

You're nitpicking, yes they are worse but they are not extremely noticeable. You hate the key switches because someone else hated them, form your own opinion with evidence please.

Lel ofc i tried them otherwise i wouldn't be bashing them :), and for me they were MILES worse, infact i'd rate them worse than chicklet keys.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Um.. Okay? Don't understand why you felt the need to tell me? lol

you can move here to the us for our superior deals 

I'd rather not buy either.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Lel ofc i tried them otherwise i wouldn't be bashing them :), and for me they were MILES worse, infact i'd rate them worse than chicklet keys.

You seem like a troll to me to be honest. They are not "miles" worse, you are giving yourself a placebo effect. You believe them to be so much worse that you actually feel that they are worse when they are not.

You seem like a troll to me to be honest. They are not "miles" worse, you are giving yourself a placebo effect. You believe them to be so much worse that you actually feel that they are worse when they are not.

No, i don't think so. I tried the razer switches for a good hour and noticed that they were much less consistent in their actuation point and felt smudgy in comparison to all the cherry mx keys i have tried (brown, blue and red).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

No, i don't think so. I tried the razer switches for a good hour and noticed that they were much less consistent in their actuation point and felt smudgy in comparison to all the cherry mx keys i have tried (brown, blue and red).

Yes I understand that they will not perform as well, but they do not deserve the kind of hate that you're giving out.

Yes I understand that they will not perform as well, but they do not deserve the kind of hate that you're giving out.

That is your opinion, IMO they do deserve the hate (like most new razer products). But that is just the switches, the rest of the keyboard is nice.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

it is not cherry, but it is not bad at all. its the chroma version that can change into all the colors of the rainbow. 

http://amzn.to/1vypdPf

I love Razer but i am SO SO SO SO glad I got my blackwidow tournament when they still used cherry. Those razer switches might not be bad for some people but if anyone every wants to take this keyboard away from me they will have to pull it out of my cold dead hands....

like most new razer products

Yeah...no...

Razer is a great company that makes over all great products.

Yeah...no...

Razer is a great company that makes over all great products.

Not anymore....perhaps great LOOKING products (like apple) but they DO NOT deliver for the price (new ones, aka 2014 onwards).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Not anymore....perhaps great LOOKING products (like apple) but they DO NOT deliver for the price (new ones, aka 2014 onwards).

They do for me. Sure i dont like their switches but i could get used to them (they felt okay just a bit heavy and mushy) but their headsets are still okay as far as gaming headsets go and their mice are AMAZING (deathadder anyone?). You have to remember that these are peripherals and price to performance is almost entirely based on the users opinion. 

Razer Deathadder is an amazing mouse..

They do for me. Sure i dont like their switches but i could get used to them (they felt okay just a bit heavy and mushy) but their headsets are still okay as far as gaming headsets go and their mice are AMAZING (deathadder anyone?). You have to remember that these are peripherals and price to performance is almost entirely based on the users opinion. 

Deathadder is good, but that was 2013 and before (tried the 2013 version and i was impressed :) ). On amazon.de, about 1/2 the people are complaining that they mouse broke within 6 months (2014 edition), there is definitely a downward spiral in terms of build quality and/or QC.

Gaming headsets were also GOOD (for a gaming headset) until 2013 (only tried the kraken 2012 and 2014 though), now the sound quality is much worse. And there are much better headsets like the qpad 85 / hyperx cloud for cheaper than the overpriced razer headsets.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

It would seem that way, wouldn't it.

Yeah, I've tried Kailhua switches. Both on a Razer keyboard and on others (Thermaltake TTe Sports Poseidon Z)

They really don't feel that different. Yes, they have a bit of a different feel. Yes, the feel is not as consistent as a real Cherry MX switch. But H4X3R is making it seem way worse than it is.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'm thinking about going for it. Tired of waiting for K70 blues, and the price is good. Still...it's a refurb.

I'm thinking about going for it. Tired of waiting for K70 blues, and the price is good. Still...it's a refurb.

If it's refurbed this early, then surely they didn't use it much... probably loved Cherry MX too much and sent it back immediately.

Also, it depends on who did said refurbishing, if Razer did it themselves then it's practically new.

Hell, I'd jump on this, but I'm still figuring out what I should actually do with my holiday money.

[witty signature]

If it's refurbed this early, then surely they didn't use it much... probably loved Cherry MX too much and sent it back immediately.

Also, it depends on who did said refurbishing, if Razer did it themselves then it's practically new.

Hell, I'd jump on this, but I'm still figuring out what I should actually do with my holiday money.

Hm, that's a fair point. And apparently, yes, these have been refurbished by the manufacturer. I suppose there is a chance that it was returned because of an LED issue, though...

Maybe I'll sleep on it. If it's still there in the morning, maybe I'll pull the trigger.