Google not allowing Google+ channels to purchase or rent movies from YouTube

Jrjy3

I went to go rent The Interview today and I got this error message.

KCMjOiv.png

What the crap are you doing, Google? First, you force everybody who wants to comment on a YouTube video to link their account to a Google+ page and then you deny them the ability to purchase from you? Do you not want to take my legitimate money?

Has this happened to anybody else or is it just me? Either way, this is no way for Google to conduct themselves.

Make up with your mind already, Google... :lol:

Never had this issue myself, but I don't use YouTube with my Google account logged in, ever.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I must be one of the very few that can buy this from Youtube then.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I went to go rent The Interview today and I got this error message.

What the crap are you doing, Google? First, you force everybody who wants to comment on a YouTube video to link their account to a Google+ page and then you deny them the ability to purchase from you? Do you not want to take my legitimate money?

Has this happened to anybody else or is it just me? Either way, this is no way for Google to conduct themselves.

you have to use your main google account (the one that has ur first and last name on it) you cant use your youtube channel page account or anything. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Sony's account name is super retarded xD

why not "SonyPictures"?

Anyway, this seems odd. Should be fixed. Idk any valid reason for not allowing you to make the purchase lol

SPAAAAAACE!!!

It's locked down to your main account since more than one user can take control and access all content of created channels that stem from a main account.

you have to use your main google account (the one that has ur first and last name on it) you cant use your youtube channel page account or anything. 

This is my main account :/ 

My main is the one with the YouTube page (and therefore my Google+ page) associated with it. I created this account a long time ago as a YouTube account and that became a Google account when they converted all the accounts to be under one unified login.

My main is the one with the YouTube page (and therefore my Google+ page) associated with it. I created this account a long time ago as a YouTube account and that became a Google account when they converted all the accounts to be under one unified login.

wow that must suck. it told me to switch to my main account. have you tried any other device? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Why don't you just rent it from Google Play instead?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Sony's account name is super retarded xD

why not "SonyPictures"?

Anyway, this seems odd. Should be fixed. Idk any valid reason for not allowing you to make the purchase lol

b/c they also have to follow google plus enforcement on using your 'real name' and since sony home entertainment does the sales(online/retail) they have to use that name.

Why don't you just rent it from Google Play instead?

That's what I ended up doing. It just pissed me off that they forced a change and then punished it  <_<

wow that must suck. it told me to switch to my main account. have you tried any other device? 

I just ended up renting it from Google Play instead :P

This is logical, I shouldn't be able to buy stuff if I sign into Youtube with a Channel (Eg- Techquicke) I should have to sign into a full google Account. (Eg- Linus Sebastian)

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I couldn't rent or purchase the movie either. It kept saying my payment method (PayPal) wasn't valid or some bullshit, so I had to acquire the movie by other means.....

This is logical, I shouldn't be able to buy stuff if I sign into Youtube with a Channel (Eg- Techquicke) I should have to sign into a full google Account. (Eg- Linus Sebastian)

Except he did sign in with his full account.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I just ended up renting it from Google Play instead :P

imagine if all movies are released like this. it be soooooo great. 

I bought it but I didn't get that error. No issues on my side. 

Did you buy from YouTube or Google Play?

You should be happy, you save money. Now go watch an actual good movie.

You seem to get pretty angry when other people like a movie that you don't.

The Interview was good. I watched it. Not gonna win any Oscars, but for a comedy, I laughed my ass off.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Did you buy from YouTube or Google Play?

I bought it on google play but I can also watch it on youtube. I guess it's for both. 

yeah i tried it on my desktop PC. If it's this troublesome to buy the damn movie, i'll stick with the easier method

Praise Duarte!

yeah i tried it on my desktop PC. If it's this troublesome to buy the damn movie, i'll stick with the easier method

i have an easier method if you want to know.

i have an easier method if you want to know.

Does it involve an eyepatch, a parrot on your shoulder, and peg legs? Because that's my method

Praise Duarte!