Help Stop The Noise

Monti
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

I like both of you suggestions. What it really comes down to is price. Is it really worth paying 20 dollars a fan for all of the noctua features or 10 for the rosewill? I like the rosewill fans a lot. The specs are good and have reviews of being super quiet. 

The NF-s12a is pretty much unparalleled when it comes to quiet unobstructed airflow and is one of the quietest fans available. 

If you're planning to eventually go for a near silent system, there isn't much competition.

Hyperboreas are quiet but not super quiet. Then again, most people who are calling it super quiet probably have little to no experience with quieter fans like Noctuas or BeQuiet!'s. 

I would say no, these are EXTREMELY quiet and I doubt the noctuas are that much better

NF-s12a's are much quieter than Hyperboreas and are quieter than most other 'quiet' fans in general. 

Hello LLT. Today I helped a friend build his new computer and I was shocked at how quiet it was. Now I want my to be quieter. SO I think what I need to change the most is the 2 front fans. They are cooler master 120 sickle flow fans. The are not quiet even with the fan controller I have. I have them in the front of my NZXT tempest 210. I also think that my seagate hard drive is noisy, but I am not so sure about that. What I want to know from you guys/girls is what fans are quiet and provide some good airflow (fans that don't cost a lot, under 20 per fan). Also would buying some noise reducing foam for the side panel help?

I don't know if this information is needed but I have 2 3.5 inch hard drives in the drive bays. If you look as the case you should know why this might be an issue to airflow.

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Where are you shopping/located?

20 what?--Monopoly dollars? What currency are you using?

Sound dampening foam on a side panel doesn't help nearly as much as getting quiet components first.

Trying booting your system with the hdd unplugged to discern if your hdd is being noisy. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd say the Noctua NF-P14 REDUX PWM fans are a pretty good bet, but they don't include rubber grommets.

Compatible with Windows 95

I love my Corsair AF120 Quiet Editions and my AF140 Quiet Edition so I'm gonna recommend those :D

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Rosewill Hyperborea fans are a personal favorite of mine, they run super quiet and have rubber grommets for 8 bucks each :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

eloops or GT

hyperboreas if you're on a budget. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

When i read the title i was shocked lol

I didn't know what to put here...

Where are you shopping/located?

20 what?--Monopoly dollars? What currency are you using?

Sound dampening foam on a side panel doesn't help nearly as much as getting quiet components first.

Trying booting your system with the hdd unplugged to discern if your hdd is being noisy. 

Darn I wasn't thinking like I should have.I'm located on the USA near a microcenter and I guess that means USD. Sorry for forgetting the crucial info

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

CM sickle flows are really noisy. But they are good performers for the money. If you want more silent, you are gonna have to cut down on airflow a bit. Bequiet silent wings 2 are excellent. Noisblocker blacksilent pro P2 are also nice.

who cares...

Darn I wasn't thinking like I should have.I'm located on the USA near a microcenter and I guess that means USD. Sorry for forgetting the crucial info

Rosewill Hyperborea fans are a personal favorite of mine, they run super quiet and have rubber grommets for 8 bucks each :)

Hyperboreas are great^

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-case-fan-rocf11004

If you want really quiet and well performing fans, NF-s12a's are probably the best if not one of the best fans available:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nfs12aflx

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nfs12apwm

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hyperboreas are great^

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-case-fan-rocf11004

If you want really quiet and well performing fans, NF-s12a's are probably the best if not one of the best fans available:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nfs12aflx

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nfs12apwm

I like both of you suggestions. What it really comes down to is price. Is it really worth paying 20 dollars a fan for all of the noctua features or 10 for the rosewill? I like the rosewill fans a lot. The specs are good and have reviews of being super quiet. 

I would say no, these are EXTREMELY quiet and I doubt the noctuas are that much better

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

The NF-s12a is pretty much unparalleled when it comes to quiet unobstructed airflow and is one of the quietest fans available. 

If you're planning to eventually go for a near silent system, there isn't much competition.

Hyperboreas are quiet but not super quiet. Then again, most people who are calling it super quiet probably have little to no experience with quieter fans like Noctuas or BeQuiet!'s. 

NF-s12a's are much quieter than Hyperboreas and are quieter than most other 'quiet' fans in general. 

I see your point. I guess the best option would be to buy the noctuas and I will if i can. The Rosewill fans would be a second choice. Thanks LLT for helping :).