Need help choosing some parts!

So I've been planning this build and I've gone through many revisions and I'm sure I will go through more, but for now I need some help in picking a few parts.

1. Ram, 16GB at least 1600 clock

2. Wireless card, doesn't really matter as long as it's good at what its supposed to do.

3. Monitor, preferably nothing smaller than 24 inches, eventually planning on triple monitors.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ilya2006/saved/X7f2FT

There's the build link! The only thing that I won't change are the parts that I already purchased!

Any questions? Ask away!

Thanks! :D

CPU: i7 8700K (Cooled by Custom Loop)  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080  RAM: 8GBx2 HyperX Fury  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Case: Thermaltake The Tower 900Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD & Crucial BX100 500GB & 1TB WD Blue HDD & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Mouse: Mionix Castor   Keyboard: Ducky One  Display: Dell P2414H & Dell S2716DG

So I've been planning this build and I've gone through many revisions and I'm sure I will go through more, but for now I need some help in picking a few parts.

2. Wireless card, doesn't really matter as long as it's good at what its supposed to do.

3. Monitor, preferably nothing smaller than 24 inches, eventually planning on triple monitors.

There's the build link! The only thing that I won't change are the parts that I already purchased!

Any questions? Ask away!

Budget?  Intened use?  Unless you're doing heavy content creation I don't think you nee the i7 or the 16gb.  Ditch both, get 8gb, an i5 4690k and a better GPU

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Budget?  Intened use?  Unless you're doing heavy content creation I don't think you nee the i7 or the 16gb.  Ditch both, get 8gb, an i5 4690k and a better GPU

I'm with you on that.

Also, could be cheaper on the cooler I guess - but the H100i is pretty good.

Sig under construction.

Any questions? Ask away!

Re-read post...  sigh....

Still 8 gb should be enough for this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GQcqVn

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Re-read post...  sigh....

Still 8 gb should be enough for this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GQcqVn

I'm with you on that.

Also, could be cheaper on the cooler I guess - but the H100i is pretty good.

This is a multi-purpose build, gaming and lots of school work in mind haha.

I'm not trying to get things to be good enough, you know what I mean? 

1. The cooler isn't a big deal if there's another one that's similar with the twin 120mm fans then by all means as long as its quality is good.

2. I have 16GB of ram in my current laptop and want to stick with than number. This way when I have lots of programs opens and tabs and all that i won't even need to worry about any of that because I've been in that position before.

3. trying to keep the build under 2k USD

4. NOT an AMD fan thats why the Nvidia card is there  :D plus there's not much difference between the 980 and the 970, but I am waiting to see how the 960 will be like to maybe just get two of those. or if the price will drop a bit on the 970.

CPU: i7 8700K (Cooled by Custom Loop)  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080  RAM: 8GBx2 HyperX Fury  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Case: Thermaltake The Tower 900Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD & Crucial BX100 500GB & 1TB WD Blue HDD & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Mouse: Mionix Castor   Keyboard: Ducky One  Display: Dell P2414H & Dell S2716DG

This is a multi-purpose build, gaming and lots of school work in mind haha.

I'm not trying to get things to be good enough, you know what I mean? 

1. The cooler isn't a big deal if there's another one that's similar with the twin 120mm fans then by all means as long as its quality is good.

2. I have 16GB of ram in my current laptop and want to stick with than number. This way when I have lots of programs opens and tabs and all that i won't even need to worry about any of that because I've been in that position before.

3. trying to keep the build under 2k USD

4. NOT an AMD fan thats why the Nvidia card is there  :D plus there's not much difference between the 980 and the 970, but I am waiting to see how the 960 will be like to maybe just get two of those. or if the price will drop a bit on the 970.

BAM! MULTI PURPOSE IN YO FACE!

Well, didn't realized you bought most of the stuff already.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($100.64 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($359.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1210.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-19 19:06 EST-0500

Edit:

I would go with a different cooler other than the h100i, other than the fixable mounting issues, the cooler's software doesn't respond well with windows 8.1

BAM! MULTI PURPOSE IN YO FACE!

Well, didn't realized you bought most of the stuff already.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($100.64 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($359.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $1210.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-19 19:06 EST-0500

Edit:

I would go with a different cooler other than the h100i, other than the fixable mounting issues, the cooler's software doesn't respond well with windows 8.1

What do you think about the Swiftech H220-x? I was actually thinking about using that ram! except you know, in black  :P Love the build though!

EDIT: or maybe Enermax Liqtech 240?