Audiophile headset + External mic or Gaming headset + sound card

Have you even considered watching the reviews or even listening to soundtest on Serien?

It's $@#% Terrible. 

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Have you even considered watching the reviews or even listening to soundtest on Serien?

It's $@#% Terrible. 

It's also just a Razer-branded Yeti Pro. It's not even a new product; yet they keep saying so in the stupid, brain-dead product announcements designed to part people from their money.

By definition, stereo is 2 channels, not 2.1.

2.1 also has two channels. The sub just extends the response of the two mid/highs.

It's $@#% Terrible. 

Hmm yes I've heard the review that the chick did on it. At first I thought it was great.. come to think of it, there's so many better ones out there at that price range. Any you guys recommend?

It's also just a Razer-branded Yeti Pro. It's not even a new product; yet they keep saying so in the stupid, brain-dead product announcements designed to part people from their money.

No way, it's not even close to yeti. It sounds like those $2 cheap microphone with no bass in vocals.

Hmm yes I've heard the review that the chick did on it. At first I thought it was great.. come to think of it, there's so many better ones out there at that price range. Any you guys recommend?

As for microphones, you can go with Blue Snowball (not the ICE version), Yeti, or AudioTechnica AT2020.

Or just go with modmic 4.0.

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

No way, it's not even close to yeti. It sounds like those $2 cheap microphone with no bass in vocals.

Yes way. The implementation may be inferior but all indication is that it is indeed a re-branded Yeti.

Yes way. The implementation may be inferior but all indication is that it is indeed a re-branded Yeti.

The question is.. is it as good?  :blink:

I got a question about those headphones as i was looking at them earlier. Would you recommend those for GENERAL use? Videos, tv shows, movies, all kinds of music, games etc?

and how comfortable are they? not any other recommendations around that price tag?

I'm like OP atm, i have a razer headset i want to throw it in a pit of fire.

I got a question about those headphones as i was looking at them earlier. Would you recommend those for GENERAL use? Videos, tv shows, movies, all kinds of music, games etc?

and how comfortable are they? not any other recommendations around that price tag?

I would recommend them for general use because the frequency response is almost flat with a slight mid range bump making them perfect for all kind of music because it doesn't accentuate any one frequency. 

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2361&scale=30

They are also comfy just make sure the heavy cord doesn't dangle.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I would recommend them for general use because the frequency response is almost flat with a slight mid range bump making them perfect for all kind of music because it doesn't accentuate any one frequency. 

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2361&scale=30

They are also comfy just make sure the heavy cord doesn't dangle.

So here are my combo.  AudioTechnica AT2020, akg q 701, and a sound card. I'm planning to use the akg q 701 for general use also as I love watching action movies, films, youtube, etc. Gaming, and music at night when everyone else is asleep. What do you guys think of the akg q 701 and this combo?

Quick question. So I decided to get the akg 701 and was wondering if the 

XONAR ESSENCE STX/90 will have enough amp to power the bass. And how would I go about in plugging my logitech 5.1 surround speakers into this card?

Quick question. So I decided to get the akg 701 and was wondering if the 

XONAR ESSENCE STX/90 will have enough amp to power the bass. And how would I go about in plugging my logitech 5.1 surround speakers into this card?

Xonar is a waste of money. Use your onboard unless it's not powerful enough. 

Xonar is a waste of money. Use your onboard unless it's not powerful enough. 

How about a creative X-fi? Because I'm reading a lot of reviews on the akg 701q and it doesn't provide enough bass without an amp I play fps,racing, and pretty much every game genre. Aside from that I love watching action packed movies and also love listening to house, dubstep-ish music, something with decent bass, rap, hip hop. Will these be good for it if I'm also probably getting a Creative X-fi sound card?

How about a creative X-fi? Because I'm reading a lot of reviews on the akg 701q and it doesn't provide enough bass without an amp I play fps,racing, and pretty much every game genre. Aside from that I love watching action packed movies and also love listening to house, dubstep-ish music, something with decent bass, rap, hip hop. Will these be good for it if I'm also probably getting a Creative X-fi sound card?

Frequency response doesn't vary with amplification. If you want bass, seriously consider a different headphone, there are plenty of open can with a warmer or more bass-oriented presentation.

All sound cards are terrible. I personally like the Monoprice dac/amp but you shouldn't need an amp unless it doesn't get loud enough on your onboard. If you want more bass, then a different headphone is needed since that one is very neutral. 

All sound cards are terrible. I personally like the Monoprice dac/amp but you shouldn't need an amp unless it doesn't get loud enough on your onboard. If you want more bass, then a different headphone is needed since that one is very neutral. 

Any you recommend other than the akg 701q? I'm just wondering if it would have a better bass/heavier compared to the logitech g930's.

Any you recommend other than the akg 701q? I'm just wondering if it would have a better bass/heavier compared to the logitech g930's.

If you want to stick with open then I think the bassiest you will get will be the phillips fidelio x2 or Beyerdynamic dt9090. For closed maybe the Sony MDR 1A.