best cheap 600w PSU

Go to solution Solved by quan289,

thanks for checking out my location since I didn't think of posting about it anymore

well I'm gonna buy from here in the Philippines, at some online shops that offer pretty fair prices if I could say so myself.

I just checked, and it seems like there aren't much choices with EVGA as well

mostly I just find Aerocool, Antec, Corsair, FSP, Hec Cougar, Huntkey, Seasonic, Thermaltake, and XFX Pro series

when I calculated before using Extreme Outervision PSU calculator, it said that as well, around 500w, but jump to 600w for assurance purposes

budget I guess would be $80 I guess, hopefully being of good enough quality that it won't hurt my components

and the store is a local store here where the prices and all are in Philippine Pesos so I don't know if it'll be of much help...

So $80 USD? That's almost 3600 PHP, correct?

Is there an Antec TP-550 (True Power New 550w) available at your local store? From what I can see from another Philippine set, it's around the some price range as your budget but a little over (3950 PHP / ~$88 USD). That's the best build / best performing (electrically) unit in that price range: http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply/antec-tp-550-550w-80-bronze-sli-mod.html

There also the Antec VP550P. Since it is 220v only, it never got certified for 80 Plus, but it's a very well build 550w unit. However, the fan is a bit noisy and there's no sleeving on the cables.

Not to be confused with the VP550F, which will be 80 Plus certified but is a different and inferior unit. It's still a decent budget nonetheless.

The Seasonic S12II / M12II Bronze 520-620w units are my next recommendation. They are solid, entry level units. Units like the Antec HCG-520/620 and the XFX Core Edition (ProSeries) 450/550w (you may also see it as TS 450/550w, as there was a change in name) are also based on this Seasonic unit internally.

The CX600M or the Corsair CS450/550 may be an option as well from Corsair.

The FSP Aurum are decent entry level gold units in that price range.

gonna be dealing with a 4690k, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, on an MSI Z97 Gaming 5

with the rest of my build I calculated 600w to be the sweet spot

so I'm wondering what certain PSU would be best for me, with a justifiable price-to-quality ratio

and if you guys need to know the rest of my build to make a suggestion I'll post it

EVGA B1/B2 or Corsair CX series on the budget 

EVGA G2 on the high end 

(for a single 970, 430w is enough, and for two 970s 650w is enough -- so you can go lower/higher if the price difference a lot/negligible)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

EVGA PSU's are pretty good.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

gonna be dealing with a 4690k, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, on an MSI Z97 Gaming 5

with the rest of my build I calculated 600w to be the sweet spot

so I'm wondering what certain PSU would be best for me, with a justifiable price-to-quality ratio

and if you guys need to know the rest of my build to make a suggestion I'll post it

Evga b1 or b2 but please don't skimp out on the psu.

EVGA PSU's are pretty good.

I got a EVGA SuperNova G2 850 Watt for my build(Build Log will be made some time after Christmas, I can't wait)

Because he had a hard drive.

I got a EVGA SuperNova G2 850 Watt for my build(Build Log will be made some time after Christmas, I can't wait)

That's what I'm going to get for my Intel build. Except the 750W.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

That's what I'm going to get for my Intel build. Except the 750W.

I got 7-Year Warranty.  Also for the Mobo MSI Gaming-7

I got 7-Year Warranty.  Also for the Mobo MSI Gaming-7

My Rosewill Capstone in my AMD rig has a 7-year warranty as well. OP Rosewill PSU's are also good.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

My Rosewill Capstone in my AMD rig has a 7-year warranty as well. OP Rosewill PSU are also good.

What GPU?  I got a EVGA 780 ACX SC for ~360$

Rosewill PSU's are also good.

While it is true that Rosewill got some solid PSUs at a very competitive price here in the US, sadly, it's most likely isn't an option for the OP as he is from the Philippines (Rosewill is Newegg's house brand).

OP, we need to know where you are buying from in order to give you a recommendation, so we know what is available to you at what price point.

What GPU?  I got a EVGA 780 ACX SC for ~360$

R9 280. It's my "Current Rig" in my signature.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

While it is true that Rosewill got some solid PSUs at a very competitive price here in the US, it's most likely isn't an option for the OP as he is from the Philippines (Rosewill is Newegg's house brand).

Good point. Didn't notice that. Thank you.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Evga b1 or b2 but please don't skimp out on the psu.

exactly why I'm asking, I still want to get a quality psu that the rest of my build deserves, but at the same time spending all that money on the other components, I just want to not buy the most expensive option there is

While it is true that Rosewill got some solid PSUs at a very competitive price here in the US, sadly, it's most likely isn't an option for the OP as he is from the Philippines (Rosewill is Newegg's house brand).

OP, we need to know where you are buying from in order to give you a recommendation, so we know what is available to you at what price point.

thanks for checking out my location since I didn't think of posting about it anymore

well I'm gonna buy from here in the Philippines, at some online shops that offer pretty fair prices if I could say so myself.

mostly I just find Aerocool, Antec, Corsair, FSP, Hec Cougar, Huntkey, Seasonic, Thermaltake, and XFX Pro series

A good quality ~500w would power your system.

Can you provide a budget and a link to the store you will be buying from?

when I calculated before using Extreme Outervision PSU calculator, it said that as well, around 500w, but jump to 600w for assurance purposes

budget I guess would be $80 I guess, hopefully being of good enough quality that it won't hurt my components

and the store is a local store here where the prices and all are in Philippine Pesos so I don't know if it'll be of much help...

Don't cheap out on your PSU. It's the most important part of your system.

Yes I understand, which is why I'm asking for what's a good quality, yet still practically priced PSU

So if you can, please just recommend one

Is there an Antec TP-550 (True Power New 550w) available at your local store? From what I can see from another Philippine set, it's around the some price range as your budget but a little over (3950 PHP / ~$88 USD). That's the best build / best performing (electrically) unit in that price range: http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply/antec-tp-550-550w-80-bronze-sli-mod.html

There also the Antec VP550P. Since it is 220v only, it never got certified for 80 Plus, but it's a very well build 550w unit. However, the fan is a bit noisy and there's no sleeving on the cables.

Not to be confused with the VP550F, which will be 80 Plus certified but is a different and inferior unit. It's still a decent budget nonetheless.

The Seasonic S12II / M12II Bronze 520-620w units are my next recommendation. They are solid, entry level units. Units like the Antec HCG-520/620 and the XFX Core Edition (ProSeries) 450/550w (you may also see it as TS 450/550w, as there was a change in name) are also based on this Seasonic unit internally.

thank you very much! I didn't expect this much help!

so I just checked, and there is an Antec TP-550, but it's actually cheaper than the others, only at 2650 PHP, or $59.23

do you think this will do good for everything I have already? I don't need to go after a 600w PSU anymore?

thank you very much! I didn't expect this much help!

so I just checked, and there is an Antec TP-550, but it's actually cheaper than the others, only at 2650 PHP, or $59.23

do you think this will do good for everything I have already? I don't need to go after a 600w PSU anymore?

Yes, the Antec TP-550 ("True Power New" series) is a solid unit and would be more than plenty for a system with a GTX970 and 4690k.

Yes, the Antec TP-550 ("True Power New" series) is a solid unit and would be more than plenty for a system with a GTX970 and 4690k.

again, thank you very much for the help!