best cheap 600w PSU

Go to solution Solved by quan289,

thanks for checking out my location since I didn't think of posting about it anymore

well I'm gonna buy from here in the Philippines, at some online shops that offer pretty fair prices if I could say so myself.

I just checked, and it seems like there aren't much choices with EVGA as well

mostly I just find Aerocool, Antec, Corsair, FSP, Hec Cougar, Huntkey, Seasonic, Thermaltake, and XFX Pro series

when I calculated before using Extreme Outervision PSU calculator, it said that as well, around 500w, but jump to 600w for assurance purposes

budget I guess would be $80 I guess, hopefully being of good enough quality that it won't hurt my components

and the store is a local store here where the prices and all are in Philippine Pesos so I don't know if it'll be of much help...

So $80 USD? That's almost 3600 PHP, correct?

Is there an Antec TP-550 (True Power New 550w) available at your local store? From what I can see from another Philippine set, it's around the some price range as your budget but a little over (3950 PHP / ~$88 USD). That's the best build / best performing (electrically) unit in that price range: http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply/antec-tp-550-550w-80-bronze-sli-mod.html

There also the Antec VP550P. Since it is 220v only, it never got certified for 80 Plus, but it's a very well build 550w unit. However, the fan is a bit noisy and there's no sleeving on the cables.

Not to be confused with the VP550F, which will be 80 Plus certified but is a different and inferior unit. It's still a decent budget nonetheless.

The Seasonic S12II / M12II Bronze 520-620w units are my next recommendation. They are solid, entry level units. Units like the Antec HCG-520/620 and the XFX Core Edition (ProSeries) 450/550w (you may also see it as TS 450/550w, as there was a change in name) are also based on this Seasonic unit internally.

The CX600M or the Corsair CS450/550 may be an option as well from Corsair.

The FSP Aurum are decent entry level gold units in that price range.

Sadly EVGA PSUs are available but hard to find in the Philippines. Very few stores stock them. 

Mid and top tier PSUs from Thermaltake, Corsair, and Seasonic are available in PC Hub. They also carry 20 variants of EVGA PSUs. You can check their prices here: https://awesome-table.com/-KrkkVbKZR_HZ2x8lsHk/view

You can contact them here: https://www.facebook.com/pchub/

Even with the small delivery charge you'd still be hard pressed to find prices lower lower than theirs. Also, they have the best return policy I've experienced. Actually, the fact that they follow the law and honor returns already puts them ahead of 99% of local computer stores.